boost for 2,5 paj

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 09, 2005 at 13:51
ThreadID: 19205 Views:1693 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
what is the correct boost for the 2.5l pajero motor at current its around 11-12
i have herd many to this question ranging fron 8 to 13
and yes i have asked at the pajero club thans where i got the many answers
so whats the average what is safe to run it at??????

thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ianmc - Monday, Jan 10, 2005 at 00:14

Monday, Jan 10, 2005 at 00:14
Who REALLY knows the answer. I have one in a Triton & at 240,000lms its going better than ever and the boost is up a bit. Other improvements U can make is to maybe advance pump timing (dont know the numbers) but a diesel shop be able to help both these questions. These mods, a foam filter, & removal of the plastic "trombone" from the air cleaner & a 2.5" exhaust makes it go so well & great economy if yout not too hard on it plus the correct mixture setting in the pump, easily altered too. The trombone can be replaced by a short pvc elbow silco'ed in to reduce the slight noise without the plastic thingo! Mixture too rich it gets hotter & blows lots of smoke & goes no better. Too lean & it wont rev out as well! Opposite to petrols
AnswerID: 92107

Reply By: old-plodder - Monday, Jan 10, 2005 at 21:59

Monday, Jan 10, 2005 at 21:59
I have the 2.8 but a friend has the 2.5.
I think the pressure is 12 to 14 psi. Does vary.

From what he could discover, there is an adjustable rod in the turbo blow off valve.

Have seen pressures alot higher.
Also, there is a fail safe valve on the inlet manifold at the back set to about 20psi which will also let go.
The fuel pump will need recalibrating to suit.
The fuel pump has an enrichment device for when on high turbo boost.
However, if you do boost this high, by disabling the blow off valve on the turbo, be warned it is a scary experience passing on the highway on full throttle and then the manifold valve letting go with a considerable drop in horse power.

I also would imagine that engine life is considerably reduced :-)
AnswerID: 92271

Sponsored Links