Balladonia to Cape Arid NP

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 12, 2005 at 13:13
ThreadID: 19295 Views:2997 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We are seeking som opinions of the road conditions and travel time from Balladonia (on the Eyre Hwy) south to Cape Arid National Park (camping at Israelite Bay or something similar). We are driving a Jackaroo and towing an off-road trailer. Opinions of Cape Arid also welcome thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 12, 2005 at 13:18

Wednesday, Jan 12, 2005 at 13:18
asking the right guy here In november I did balladonia to poison creek then west to esperrance. Then a few weeks ago I did toolina cove (turn off 60k east of balladonia) I trip noted that trip so I can email it to you. Western 4wd has trip noted balladonia to IB. I travel the cape arid Np about 2-4 times a year is there anything specifically you would like to know? as I could give you about 2 pages of info on this area
AnswerID: 92632

Follow Up By: gooneybird - Wednesday, Jan 12, 2005 at 14:59

Wednesday, Jan 12, 2005 at 14:59
Thanks Davoe for the quick feedback. I would appreciate any trip notes and other documented experiences. My email is sandypt@bigpond.com After Cape Arid we are going west to most of the coastal national parks to Perth, then north along the coast, eventually Darwin by September then home to Melbourne by Christmas. Any other gems, trip notes or experiences would be most gratefully received. We have purchased an All Parks Pass for 12 months and numerous maps. Thanks again.
FollowupID: 351519

Reply By: MAVERICK(WA) - Wednesday, Jan 12, 2005 at 16:00

Wednesday, Jan 12, 2005 at 16:00
many many fires burning last 3 weeks along the coast and coastal nat. pks. go to calm website to check what is open and what is closed. rgds
Slow down and relax......

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 92662

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Thursday, Jan 13, 2005 at 23:27

Thursday, Jan 13, 2005 at 23:27
We were at Cape Arid last week and can confirm above information about fires. When we were there a fire was burning on the western side of Mt Arid which saw the evacuation of campers from Thomas Fisheries camp ground. Thomas River was still open as were Seal Creek and Jorndee Creek although a significant section of the countryside surrounding the access route was burnt out. BTW, the track between Seal & Jorndee Creeks is quite overgrown. AFAIK, Fisheries Rd to Israelite Bay is unaffected. I would definitely ring the ranger at Cape Arid for the latest info before heading off. Don't rely on the CALM website as I have often found it not up-to-date. Fantastic stretch of coastline down there. Be sure not to miss Cape Le Grand NP either. Did you know you can drive along the beach virtually all the way from Cape Le Grand beach to Esperence?

:o) Melissa
AnswerID: 92899

Sponsored Links