bad fuel

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 16, 2005 at 18:17
ThreadID: 19439 Views:3196 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This morning heading to the gold coast from brisbane my
girlfriend and I picked up some dodgy fuel (cheap)) from a certain servo
to fill up her daewoo nubira (petrol). Splutered home after surf and then
tried to start car a bit later, started but no luck getting it to move in gear, just cuts out. RACQ fella reckons text book case of water in fuel and reckons we need to drop the fuel tank, drain and flush the lines and clean out the injectors too to get rid of the water. Just wondering if any one has had similar experience and what the best way is to go about holding this mob responsible before I go for it. Only problem is I have no receipts grr!

cheers
bj_cruiser
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: glenno(bris) - Sunday, Jan 16, 2005 at 19:03

Sunday, Jan 16, 2005 at 19:03
Same thing happened to my father . water in diesel tank(emulsified) , diesel tanker had just filled the tank up . He didnt have a receipt . Dad knows how much the fuel cost and what time he bought it (they can work it out from cash register). Rang the state office and told them what happend . The company said they would do a test on the diesel tank and get back to him . The company rang back and they agreed to have dads cruiser towed to a diesel repairers and repaired (at no cost to dad), i think the job was about $3500 . (not a big multi national company) .
1/. Ring head office and tell them.
2/. always ask for a tax receipt .(has all the info on it)
AnswerID: 93429

Reply By: Member - Peter (on the move) - Sunday, Jan 16, 2005 at 19:42

Sunday, Jan 16, 2005 at 19:42
Go with Glenno ignore the other clown

Cheers Pete
AnswerID: 93438

Reply By: jaaap - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 09:44

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 09:44
The video tape would show your vehicle if you get to them before they erase it
Thus the proof of being there to buy fuel etc is available then take it from there
AnswerID: 93533

Reply By: pmacks - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:04

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:04
BJ
same thing happened to me at local servo about two years ago, went back and told them what had happened and they gave me there head office number after contacting them and explaining the situation i had to get the car towed to a mechanic of my choice and they arranged testing and paid for it and once it was proven that it was water in the fuel they payed the bills through there insurance company and reimbursed the tow fee.
The actual service station was most appolagetic and also gave me a voucher for 100 lts of fuel. The only problem with all of this is it took three weeks for it all to happen.
To cut a long story short the petrol station has insurance for this and if you payed by efpos, credit card ect you bank records are available to prove purchase.
hope this helps and good luck
pmacks
AnswerID: 93539

Reply By: Mel & Lucy - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:52

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:52
Are you sure it is the fuel ?
AnswerID: 93557

Sponsored Links