HELP! Stolen horsefloat.. genie

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 16, 2005 at 23:12
ThreadID: 19451 Views:2202 Replies:9 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all... yep... scumbags drove down 500m drive and helped themselves to our horsefloat and all the horsegear... saddles and the rest.. and a generator.

Total? Around $15,000 worth of stuff to replace. Maybe you could keep your eyes open for a "Talisman" double horsefloat.. silver with maroon scrolling. A couple of saddles specific to endurance riding'McKinder' brand.

My wife has spent so much time putting together gear that fits her and the horses. She has made many of the bridles herself. There are buckets and boxes of gear, so I guess someone will be trying to 'flog' them.

The Registration of the float is N95896... there aren't many 'Talisman's around, but I guess whoever has got it will disguise it anyway.

There are [were?] a set of portable horseyards fixed to one side.

Jen's heartbroken. It will take years to save up the money, but also ages to get just the right gear together again and meanwhile she can't continue her sport.

It was stolen last night... so should be freshly acquired by someone near you.

I'd love a lead or contact Senior Constable Harrap at Sale Police Station [Eastern Vic] on 03 5144 2244.

Cheers Royce
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Sunday, Jan 16, 2005 at 23:51

Sunday, Jan 16, 2005 at 23:51
Hi Royce, sorry to here that news, there are some scumbags about, thats as bad as a tradesman getting a life time tool collection pinched, is there any horse type forums you could post the info on, also keep an eye on the trading post.

Regards
AnswerID: 93496

Follow Up By: Member - Royce- Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 23:14

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 23:14
Thanks mate. Jen's sent out the word through horse forums... in fact she's getting responses from one's she hasn't even heard of.
FollowupID: 352832

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:11

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:11
mate i go past the big riding club at Riddell fairly often, so i'll keep em peeled for any 'bargains' especially if there is a set of portables on the side.

Give my condolances to Jen, what a pack of mongrels, i wonder if they had any real idea what they were taking, or just opportunistic.

good luck
AnswerID: 93541

Reply By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:19

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:19
Royce

What bad fortune. I'm sorry to hear it..... there are plenty of people in this world who just don't give a damn about anyone else.

I know where you are coming from. My wife makes up her own gear for her horse, and I know the amount of love and effort that goes into it. This just plain sucks.

We're on our place in Cooma on the weekends, and not being all that far from Sale (and over the border where they may try to go) I'll spread the work around.

Hope you get it back....and hope they lock these people up.

Cheers
Chris
AnswerID: 93546

Reply By: GazzaS (VIC) - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 12:54

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 12:54
Hi Royce

sorry to hear of the loss.

Do you have a picture of the float? We live in Berwick and the Berwick show is coming up in 5-6 weeks. there are a lot of horse events there and as it is at one end of Gippsland might be a possibility. I am going both days with the scouts so can keep my eyes open. A picture would be good - even if it is repainted will show shape etc.

Garry
AnswerID: 93584

Follow Up By: Member - Royce- Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 23:19

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 23:19
We have been searching for a picture.... none. If and when we replace it.... there'll be lots of pictures... and chains with padlocks and chained gates and and and..

We have heard that there is a fair bit of this 'rebirthing' of floats just like stolen cars... even offroad trailers are getting the same treatment.

Who knows, you might still spot a suspicious looking float. It had double barn doors above the tailgate and two side doors. Of course there are lots of little things we could pick it by, but I guess they'll make a lot of changes. I just hope they try to flog the saddles. They're pretty specific to the endurance horse world with individual id numbers on them. We might get lucky there. Cheers
FollowupID: 352834

Reply By: Member - Steve (ACT) - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 15:00

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 15:00
Have you tried "horse floats for sale" in the search engine heaps comes up, cut and paste a message to as many as you can.

try local truck companies that have vehicles on the road in the area!

Radio stations, papers, just send info to anyone you can!!

Sorry can't help, wish you luck finding it!!

Sandy
AnswerID: 93603

Reply By: GOB & denny vic member - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 16:25

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 16:25
goodday royce
sorry about your loss sent post on to my daughter at yarram she,s into stock horses

steve
AnswerID: 93619

Follow Up By: Member - Royce- Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 23:21

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 23:21
I bet she's heard about it already! We have spread the word far and wide. It's frustrating. It's only been two days. We can't go anywhere without peering into back yards and sheds, watching passing floats and wondering if it's behind that fence or hidden in this bit of bush. Thanks for your thoughts. Cheers Royce
FollowupID: 352835

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 17:01

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 17:01
Royce,

am truly dissapointed to hear that as I have enjoyed your posts in the past. I hope you get it back again soon and drag some other boots behind the horse with the thief in 'em.

I reckon it is probably the fear of camper trailer owners to have it removed like that too.
AnswerID: 93625

Reply By: greghud - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 21:57

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 21:57
bad luck mate, they may have used the float to tow the gear out then dumped it so hopefuly you will get that back atleast. and all of the gear if you catch the pri@ks that took it.
good luck, and i hope you get to catch them b4 the cops. bit of bush justice ;)
greg
AnswerID: 93678

Follow Up By: Member - Royce- Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 23:23

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 23:23
I am hoping your idea is correct and that they are not really professional about the float... just used it to tow away the other stuff.

I DON'T WANT TO CATCH UP WITH THEM..... cos bush justice is just what might happen.... and then even more trouble for me!! he he.
FollowupID: 352836

Follow Up By: greghud - Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 15:14

Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005 at 15:14
its a big country but word spreads so dont be supprised if its sittin in the middle of noware with the gear striped out of it. esp if these guys were just opptunistic, anyway good luck, greg
FollowupID: 352891

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 22:52

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 22:52
G'day Royce,
Like all the others, I am saddened to read of your loss. It just defies logic that these @rseholes can do this in the first place, but then the mongrels get away with it too!!!
Fortunately I've never had anything too expensive nicked, but 2 of my boys have had their treddlies stolen at different times and i know how even a relatively small thing like that can have an effect on the owner/s....so I can imagine what you and your wife are going through.
I guess there's not much chance they'd make it over here to the YP in SA, so not much point lying to you and saying I'll keep an eye open.
All I can do is wish you best of luck and hope you have some success.
Cheers mate
AnswerID: 93690

Follow Up By: Member - Royce- Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 23:27

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 23:27
Funny you should use the stolen bike analogy Roachie. We were touring oz in 1994 and stayed the night just outside Adelaide at a caravan park. Overnight my son Jim had his mountain bike stolen. He had saved up for it doing odd jobs for over a year.. loved it. To be honest... that was worse than this. As jen said 'we didn't get hit by a tidal wave or bushfire'.... Thanks for you thoughts. Cheers Royce
FollowupID: 352837

Sponsored Links