Lilliput Touch Screens

Submitted: Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 21:21
ThreadID: 19542 Views:2622 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day. I saw a couple of items a fair while back about "Lilliput" touch screens used in car wih laptops. I have tried searching the forum under lilliput & touch screens but nothing was the reply.
Can somebody help me with the internet or ebay address please
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: David Au - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 21:44

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 21:44
Old Johno I will look up the address tomorrow for you for the Lilliput screens and post back.
Calling these a 'touch screen' is not correct. You need to drive them with a stylus like they use on the iPaq and other hand held computers. Some laptops just refuse to work with the touch screens, so you may get one and not get it to work. You really need to borrow one and install the screen to make sure it functions one hundred percent. Another thing with these screens they are slow, so depending on what you want to use it with, the speed of the screen may not be suitable.
AnswerID: 93672

Reply By: cokeaddict - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 21:46

Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 21:46
Dont have an addy for you but I seen heaps of them on ebay, some of the sellers actually have a link to the site. Might try there, but i am sure others will have an address for you. Was going to invest in one myself but decided when im ready to get a laptop with a 12 or 13 inch screen, nice and small so not to take up all the room.
Ange
AnswerID: 93674

Reply By: silverprado120 - Monday, Jan 17, 2005 at 22:09

Reply By: Member - Alan S (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 09:55

Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005 at 09:55
Try
Lilliput

Not sure if this will work, haven't posted a link before...

Take a look at this site for an example set up:

Screen in a Patrol

If you have space in your dash you can buy a DIN mount kit or a kit with the screen already installed from:
Digital World Wide

Hope this helps.
AnswerID: 93734

Sponsored Links