TD Jackaroo exhaust

Submitted: Monday, Jan 24, 2005 at 23:45
ThreadID: 19745 Views:1627 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I would like to change the exhaust on my 2000 TD Jack , it currently dumps from the motor straight down to the RH side of the gearbox then a stupid S bend to the other side of the gearbox. This is where the problem begins as the S bend is right behind the front wheels (in the middle) and when you drop of a small ledge or over a log the exhaust is easily damaged . Part of the considered mod is to enlarge the dump pipe and continue down the right side to behind the gearbox and then crossover . My real queston is, has anybody tried this on a later model Jack and if so did you have any probs and were there any gains other than less damage to the pipe.

Thanks, Dave L. Qld.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Sparkie (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 12:49

Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 12:49
Same problem I got with a V6 3.2L. I am toying with the same idea but as such have not had the time to take it in to the muffler shop! The exhaust is in a @#$% of a position and if I get a chance I will drop it into them.
I think you dont have a Catalytic converter so it should be easier for you to do. Also I have to get two exhausts back into one.If I get it done I will post a message about it but I dont know when that will be.

Sparkie(IE not Y) ;-)
AnswerID: 94813

Follow Up By: Rigor - Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 16:44

Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005 at 16:44
Thanks for the reply Sparkie , strangely enough the diesel does have a cat converter but should be able to locate on the RH side OK . I was abit worried about the crossover point as it would have to be near the front uni joint and may have a heat issue. Like you toying with the idea of changing things.

Cheers Dave L.
FollowupID: 353716

Sponsored Links