thief

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 18:29
ThreadID: 19795 Views:2307 Replies:19 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
To the P**K who thinks my lights will look better on your truck than mine . May you rot in hell . Make sure you can hide and that I dont get snif of who you are .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 18:47

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 18:47
Geez Eric, that's really bad news.

There was an expression about people stealing everything that is not bolted down but it seems these days that bolts are no deterrent. You would need to be a brazen mongrel to be mucking around unbolting stuff on such a tuff looking truck.

I feel for you as I have only just had my own finally installed by the crew I was away with on the weekend. (no they aren't yours!). Hence the new Rig Pic.

Cheers
Muddy
AnswerID: 95008

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 19:16

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 19:16
Eric,
Ditto to Muddy's sentiments from me, mate. What sort of arzehole would stoop soooooooo low???
What were you running? Lightforce XGT's from memory?
My 240's are pretty vulnerable too, but thankfully we live in the country and so far (touch wood), there does not seem to be quite as much happening in the 5-finger discount arena.
That reminds me that I must try and source a set of lock nuts, but there is also the horizontal bolt that they could simply undo too.
Now, off topic, but have either of you blokes noticed EO is Verrrry slow at present?? Seems to take ages to get the reply screen to open.

Eric, good luck at finding the mongrel........we've got a nice patch of water out here in the gulf; and the fish are always hungry (but even they may turn their noses up and this scum).
Cya mate
FollowupID: 353850

Reply By: Leroy - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 19:30

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 19:30
Sometimes it's probably not a good idea to advertise what you have in too much detail because of these p**ks. Unfortunately this is the world we live in. And for the record a member of my 4x4 club found that someone liked his LightForce lights better than he.

Leroy
AnswerID: 95009

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 19:59

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 19:59
Hi Eric,

I feel for you mate and having recently had christmas lights stolen twice, attempted theft of pathway lights and Friday week ago some lunatic set fire to our front yard which being mostly native plants and trees went up like a bonfire. Nothing quite like being woken at 2am in the morning to the sound of fire cracking and smell of smoke. Wattle tree outside our bedroom window was on fire - another minute and the fire would have been in the roof. It was only a remarkable set of unusual circumstances that meant we could respond rapidly to get the fire all bu out by the time the fire brigade arrived. They said it was there 5th call out that night in our area. If the lunatic had done the same thing the previous week when we were on holidays we would have come home to a burnt out shell of a home. If I knew who it was I would honestly kill them. What was probably a idiotic stunt for them was a very real threat to the safety of my family and our home. What is the world coming to?

:o( Melissa
AnswerID: 95012

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:26

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:26
Melissa, am disturbed to hear that in Perth. I am glad you woke before the house caught fire but I guess you feel uncomfortable being away at all like that.

I hope you get to run the wheels the full length of the idiot camper trailer and all. Heather and I really feel for you Melissa..... Hope it rains soon.
FollowupID: 353864

Reply By: Member - Rob J (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:12

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:12
Eric
I sympathise with you.One night some mongrel loaded up an outdoor setting at my motel, a regular saw him and fortunately he hasn't been back, nor has his mate that was staying here.
Years ago, late 60's, a mate was asleep in his car at one of the water tanks on the Nullarbor and woke to 2 mongrels knocking off his spotties; he let them have them as he was alone put the horrors up him and he stayed in motels for the rest of his trip
AnswerID: 95023

Reply By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:12

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:12
Fu@kers... Let me know if you find them, I will come and offer support...
Where was the 4by when they were taken..

craize
AnswerID: 95024

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:20

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:20
Mate this $hit does not stop and unfortunately there is not much you can do.

I will also come over to lend you a hand in beating the $hit out of them.

Sorry mate.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 95025

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:22

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:22
Not off the 100 are they?
AnswerID: 95027

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:34

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:34
Eric, I know you know the guys to fix em. Nothing in your town really surprises me though. Better get em before the Williams family do...
AnswerID: 95031

Reply By: Member Eric - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:37

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:37
Wasnt really in the mood to talk about it before , yes trucky off the 100 . they got 3 out of the 6 . Doing a build up for a mate , last thing i needed was to replace 3 240 blitz lights off the roof rack .

I will find this p***k , just have that feeling , boy is he going to wish he didnt take them.
AnswerID: 95032

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:39

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:39
I would remove the rest until u hand it back...

I'm bettin you a bottle of port he comes back for the rest... Sleep in it for the next few nights
FollowupID: 353871

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:45

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 21:45
already done that , also disconnected the battery , he will have a shock if he comes back . Litraly
FollowupID: 353873

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 22:06

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 22:06
Go 240v...
FollowupID: 353879

Follow Up By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 22:07

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 22:07
Mate I can lend you some night vision if you like. Let me know and I will drop them around, also red dot rifle scopes.. give me a call if you want them

Can't believe it was off the 100, bugger.
FollowupID: 353880

Follow Up By: Tuff60 - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 00:55

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 00:55
Active little f@#ks at the moment, all the centre caps off the wheels on the Falcon and two life jackets and a wetsuit out of the boat, while it was in the driveway, almost shot the dog for not having a leg to show me he at least tried to catch them, all since Christmas. I am contemplating a trip to the lost dogs home to find the meanest killing machine mongrel to get my revenge if the f@$ks come back for more. If you live in the cheltnam area, check the cash converters(shifty pr@#ks) on the corner of white street and the highway, it's where my stereo and dash turned up after it dissapeared from Southland carpark on a Saturday afternoon. Cash Converters, there slogan should read "Cash Converters, helping you convert someone else's goods into your next hit since 1984". "Hi I have decided to quit my job as a builder, I would like to sell you all my $25,000 worth of tools, $500 of course I'll take it" The bulls$%t they must believe. How much damage they do to get the lights??
FollowupID: 353901

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 22:54

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 22:54
Hi Eric
Put that second battery to good use...run a coil off it and connect it to the roofrack....dont get angry...get even....that'll warm their fingers up...and you will know when the trap goes off! lol
Better than a bluie in the back seat protecting your duke box!
Andrew
AnswerID: 95051

Reply By: Member - Brian H (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 23:07

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 23:07
Sorry Eric, this won't help you but it may make you feel a bit better. Last weekend my son and I saw 2 of our 'non reflective cousins' attemting to remove some gear from the back of a parked hilux ute. Fortunately for the owner his dog managed to nail them both, but they still weren't smart enogh to leave. They waited for the owner to return then complained to him about the dog biting them. He promptly removed a waddy from the back and finished what the dog had started. Both culprets last seen running up the road howling is fear, dog close behind.
Hope you get your lites back.
AnswerID: 95053

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 17:14

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 17:14
its a good practice unfortunately look at that poor bugger up north who did to the 1 black(oops soory cant say that) kid he caught hes the 1 in court and what happened to those kids there parents gave them a hiding FOR GETTING CAUGHT

steve
FollowupID: 353979

Reply By: ev700 - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 23:54

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 23:54
I was wondering what mechanical steps can be taken to 'harden' such items against theft. Any ideas?
AnswerID: 95059

Follow Up By: Member - Brian H (WA) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 23:10

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 23:10
There's always the option of chemical thread lockers .... damn hard to undo with the basic tools and it looks a bit obvious to carry big spanners in the open. I personally put a tack of weld in the thread. Prevents theft but not destruction.

Still, ya can't killemall
FollowupID: 354055

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 00:13

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 00:13
off that hundred series !! easy, just look for the scumbags carrying a stepladder down the street :-)) geez mate hope you get a lead on em. I'm sure you know what to do....
AnswerID: 95062

Reply By: slyonnet - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 17:29

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 17:29
Eric,

know the feeling too well. Some sinilar P**K stole my spotties on the courier I had a few years back. He probably spotted it always parked at the same location in the street at night (in a side street to a major road in South Perth under a street light). In the process they also thought it would be funny to break the radio antenna. Got RAC to pay for the replacement but had to pay the $100 excess and it affected my no claim bonus. When I got the new spotties fitted I asked the guys to do a weld at the end of the bolt. This way you can unscrew the nut enough to adjust the spotties but not completely to take them off. A few days later I went to the car in the morning to go to work and found one of the spots lookking down. Sure enough they had been back but couldn't take the nut off that time. I thought they would probably be back with bolt cutters and the like sooner or later and I then parked the car on the visitor parking bays from the residence we were living in (our other car bay was occupied by my wife's car and was too tight and short to park the 4by in it), which caused me lots of grief with one the tenant who thought she was the parking police over there. Fortunately we moved out a few weeks later.
On another occasion during my trip around australia I was sleeping at the back of the ute on a carpark in front of beach on the goldcoast (arrived in town too late and was too tired/lazy to start looking for accomodation). At 3am I hear a "clong". I looked around and saw this guy walking around the car. He had just lifted the handle of the tailgate and was checking out the front cabin to see what was inside. I saw him trying to see what was inside the canopy area but he could not see me because the windows were all fogged up. He was on its way to the back of the canopy and just about to open the top window when I smacked it with my hand. I guess he never ran that fast. I came out with the american shovel in one hand and my diving knife in the other to teach him some good manners but he was already well on his way and probably arrived in Cairns in the morning at that speed.
There are unfortunatley lots a idiots like that around and nothing seems to deter them. If they want it they'll try and take it unless you make it too difficult for them or catch them in the act.
Hope you'll nail the bastard.
Sly.
AnswerID: 95172

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 17:32

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 17:32
Sad but I see it all day everyday...
Strange thing is that the feeling in your stomache that makes you want to hurt the bstards never stops everytime your see/hear of these sorts of happenings. Anyway what else can you do? Get them aliminium welded to the rack! A couple of tacks here and there. Even use a strap of metal or somthing tacked right to the read of the lights. (I'm not too familiar with the lightforce) But I'm sure you could do it somehow. Would be a bugger to replace them if they were to fail, but from what all your blokes say about Lightforce probally won't be an issue!

I bolted my toolbox to the chasis rails of my feroza from the inside when I had the roof off. You wanna watch the DH's give them selves a hurnier while tring to pinch ya gear! LOL
AnswerID: 95173

Reply By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 18:33

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 18:33
you had better not dare actually think you have the right of retribution for this poor disadvantaged thing. The caretaker at the Kalgoorlie hockey stadium got sick of theft and vandalism so he started sleeping in the clubrooms and pack'n heat. didnt take long and 3 of he local "disadvantaged youths" were at it so he let fly in the but of one of them with his 22 and the court case is still ongoing. Just to prove to the world Kalgoorlie would have been a better of place without him after his but got well enough he clubbed some poor bloke down with a piece of wood to flog his pizza
AnswerID: 95187

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 19:21

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 19:21
Eric, you wanna know why these people get away with this kind of crap. Because the coppers are too busy issuing fines to people doing 12km/h in an 8km/h zone.....

Have a look at: PostID: 19805
AnswerID: 95205

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 19:23

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 19:23
I spose when you think about it, theres no money to be made in actually solving crime is there??
Just get your radar gun out and make a quick buck, that'll be much more usfull to society...
FollowupID: 353995

Reply By: Member - Ray C (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 21:20

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 21:20
Jaycar sell an alarm kit for driving lights. Could apply to any powered acccessory actually
If you know anyone electronically minded it is not difficult to build. If you have a car alarm it just integrates into that or you can add a dedicated siren. Cut the 12v lead and the alarm is triggered. About $25.00
Of course nothing is foolproof but I bet the swamp life that do this sort of thing won't be expecting an alarm to activate One kit can protect up to 4 x lights
AnswerID: 95239

Follow Up By: MrBitchi - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:36

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:36
When was the last time anyone actually responded to a car alarm????

John
FollowupID: 354100

Reply By: Member - Ray C (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:45

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:45
Mainly true however as I said nothing is foolproof. you can only put obstacles in their way,
I have just fitted Lightforce 170's and I will be fitting this alarm as well, for no other reason than on many occasions lights are pinched while on the owners premises ( I know 2 people who have lost lights this way and somebodey has alteady mentioned te same thing in this thread)
So to answer your question. I will!!
AnswerID: 95510

Sponsored Links