Another Oziexplorer Question

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 22:01
ThreadID: 19801 Views:2591 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
I guess I will work out this GPS one day.
When you import a track from the GPS into ozzie then add some features and comments how do you save it to a PC.
As the last couple of tracks I have taken of the GPS then played with in ozzie when I load them again all I am getting are some waypoints and features and names no track. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Moggs - Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 23:42

Wednesday, Jan 26, 2005 at 23:42
Select "File" - "Save to File", and then "Save Track to File" - or any other 'save' function on the list ie. events, routes, waypoints etc. All accessed from the task bar at the top of the screen. When I have finished working on anything I close Ozi and it then prompts you to save everything - that way you can't make a mistake and delete anything.
AnswerID: 95058

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 01:17

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 01:17
Hello - map features and map comments are saved as part of the image calibration file (the "map" file) so when you create them and save them they open with the map when ever you load that map for viewing.

Track files are saved as separate files and need to be "loaded" to the map using the "load track from file". You can however force an automatic loading of tracks (and waypoints fot example) by doing this ..after loading the require map in OziExplorer...

FILE - CHECK CALIBRATION OF MAP
OPTIONS
Attach files to map - browse to track file you want loaded and select
+ADD
CLOSE & SAVE map file

Next time you load the map it will have the selected track file loaded along with any fetaures and comments you may also have created

This assumes that you have of course saved your downloaded track from the GPS in the first placed - this is achieved by downloading the track from the GPS and then saving it using SAVE - TRACK.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 95068

Reply By: Pluto - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 09:15

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 09:15
One thing you might have overlooked in Ozi is how tracks are saved. When you save waypoints etc., all of the waypoints are saved to a single file. Tracks however, are saved one track per file.

If you downloaded multiple tracks from the gps and saved once, you have only saved the track in position 1 in the track control window. To save the others, you can do one of two things:

Move each track to postion 1 (by using the up and down arrows in the track control window) and save it from the File menu.

Or

Double click on each track (in the track control window) to open it's properties window and save it from there.

When you open OziExplorer, the objects you have saved will not reopen automatically, unless you have attached them to the map (others have described that). They can be opened from the File Menu -> Load from File -> Load Track From File (Multi). You can select as many tracks as can be stored on your GPS unit and open them all at once.
AnswerID: 95085

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 09:27

Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 09:27
The others above are good with this sort of stuff me on the other hand i'm not this is why at the moment i'm using DiscoverAus it is much easier to learn, once i get my head around this software i will move on to Oziexplorer, just a suggestion.

Baz.

First you must learn to walk before you run.
AnswerID: 95089

Sponsored Links