2H Turbo advice

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 27, 2005 at 23:20
ThreadID: 19847 Views:7016 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
Can someone please advise me on a couple of points relating to turbos on a Landcruiser 2H motor.
1. Where is the best pickup point for the oil feed line to the turbo. The oil supply line that came with the turbo does not reach the oil pump a/c it's on the opposite side of the motor.
2. The air intake pipe has a small off-take that is supposed to connect to the tappet cover breather (pcv?), but this breather currently runs to the throttle body. Do I need to cut into the original hose?

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could supply me with some info.

Thanks and regards
Franks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cabbage - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 11:09

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 11:09
G'Day Frank,
You will find a small plug in the oil gallery for supply and you will have to make a drain back to the sump. You will also have to move the hose from the throttle body to the intake and block off the connection on the throttle body otherwise you will pressurise the engine. Make sure you use steel braided hose for the oil connection to the turbo and steel pipe for the drain as it gets fairly warm around there. You can use a small length of good quality rubber hose at join of the drain to the sump inlet.

Leave nothing but footprints and take nothing but photos
AnswerID: 95362

Follow Up By: Frank - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 17:26

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 17:26
Cabbage,
Thanks very much for the info. I can only see 1 plug on the side of the motor, so I will assume this is it. I'll remove it and ensure that this is an oil gallery (supply).

Thanks
Frank.
FollowupID: 354166

Reply By: Frank - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 00:51

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 00:51
Cabage,
I removed the plug this afternoon. I found that this plug is tapped to the water jacket, not oil.
The only other oil supply lines on this side of the motor are the ones that supply oil to the vacuum pump on the back of the alternater.
AnswerID: 95476

Reply By: Shane (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 13:05

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 13:05
Frank,
I have a 2H with a after market Turbo and the oil line goes to the top of the oil filter which has 3 outlets. 1& 2 are the outlet and return for the oil cooler and the other goes to the Turbo. I didn't install the Turbo, so I don't know whether this is a add on to the oil filter.
AnswerID: 95515

Reply By: trippin - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 13:18

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 13:18
Hi frank,
I also have a 2H (in my 75 series troopy). It was fitted with an aftermarket turbo when i bought it. The oil line to the turbo came from a screw oil filter bracket. it just fits between the oil filter and the bit it screws on to. My oil line ran through a cooler in front of the radiator then to the turbo. For the outlet it ran into the sump directly. It must be an aftermarket sump because it has a small pipe extruding from the side the turbo sits on. Sorry I cant explain much better as I've since removed the turbo for now (cracked the housing). Good luck
AnswerID: 95516

Reply By: Frank - Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 22:53

Sunday, Jan 30, 2005 at 22:53
Hi guys,
Thanks very much for your help. I'll give it a go at fitting it next weekend.

Regards
Frank
AnswerID: 95733

Sponsored Links