Dirty mongrels

Submitted: Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 22:49
ThreadID: 19874 Views:1946 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
My mate came up to Melb from Tassie this week along with his frontera to have an op on a bung hand .
Last night some dog decided that they liked his laptop better than he did .Smashed the rear window and took it from under a case . He was away from the car for about three minutes. Taking his little girl inside ready for bed ,In east Melb .

$550 for the window and 4,000 for the puter .May as well leave the things open so they don't do any damage .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Eric - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 23:07

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 23:07
no how he feels . Read post thief . Dont let the mongrels get the better of you .

Ps . Must be somthing with east at the moment , mine were pinched from oakleigh , east also .
AnswerID: 95463

Follow Up By: firestang - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 23:20

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 23:20
Yeah Eric ,i looked at that one .
People are low at times ,have you any idea who knocked em ,was it a spur of the moment do you think or a planned taxing of your lights ,someone you know maybe ?

His car was done over in George st ,pretty seedy there at times . I told him to go to the pub ,maybe he would see it .Don't we know what the money from that will be used for.
His house was knocked over in tassie too a week after he got there and set up ,me thinks the car is a jinx.
FollowupID: 354214

Follow Up By: Mick - Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 23:21

Friday, Jan 28, 2005 at 23:21
Sad to say the thieves know where to look for valuables in cars and East Melbourne would be a prime spot. They know it's not much use looking in their own backyards out west!!
FollowupID: 354215

Follow Up By: Tuff60 - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 03:37

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 03:37
Firestang said "Don't we know what the money from that will be used for."
How's this for an idea, the government takes over supply of all drugs and hands it out for free to anybody who is a user. Remove the profit from the dealers and the benefit to us is, it should wipe out 90% of petty crime as hits would be free, so your house and car would be safer. A further benifit would mean we would need half the amount of coppers, this may backfire as they may just spend thier time writing more tickets. Ah but drugs are bad and illegal I hear you say, well that isn't stopping them using is it.
Sounds like a simple plan, doesn't it??
FollowupID: 354235

Reply By: Steve - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 08:26

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 08:26
Know how you feel, same happened to me last week @ maroubra, car in unground secrurity carpark (locked door) smashed rear window $215.
took my cb radio, areial & 4x4 books etc $750 all up, insurance will not pay up as i had not listed these extras on the policy....
AnswerID: 95485

Reply By: cokeaddict - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 14:07

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 14:07
Heard 3 teenagers talking between themselves last week in the driveway of our local scouts hall (across the road from my place) at around 2am. They were discussing easy money jobs for the purpose of buying some trail bikes. Very interesting discussion between them. They were very smart about things and knew what to do. They mentioned scanners to listen into police frequencies as the jobs were being done. Also mobile UHF recievers betwen them to keep each other informed if anything went wrong to allow themselves time to escape.

The best part was this though........
their targets were 4WD's.
Reason....... ACCESORIES GALORE.
Main target was GPS, Laptops, CB's UHF's Mags and Spotlights.

Sad part was, they agreed between them that if an alarm system went off while they attempted to take the 4wd, they would torch it.

I notified the police of this discussion and ended up having to go down to the local station. The responce from them was ....."We cant do anything about it unless we catch them red handed".
I am glad to say that to this day, I have not heard of any local 4wd's being torched. But i sleep with 1 eye opened now. Very sad the way society is heading.

To all the above who were the victims of theft, I am very sorry for you. I can only imagine how i would feel if my baby was stolen.
Ange
AnswerID: 95522

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 16:29

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 16:29
Dont know what you do for a living but there is a fair bet you put alot of time and effort into it and you are pretty good at it well some people put just as much dedication into knocking your stuff off. At the pool we get people complaining that stuff has nbeen knocked of even though it was hidden. I try not to laugh at there amazed faces but alot of "disadvantaged youths" we get in actually go there for no other reason and know EXACTLY how where and when
FollowupID: 354281

Follow Up By: cokeaddict - Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 17:36

Saturday, Jan 29, 2005 at 17:36
Agree totally Davoe,
Imagine if they used the talent they use to rob people to work in other fields. Then again.....im dreaming again.
Sad but true fact of life for some.
FollowupID: 354290

Sponsored Links