ThreadID: 20162 Views:1564 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
morning all,

from the smh

most of us should be fine I reckon.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael Carey - Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 09:12

Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 09:12
It will be interesting to see if this will be a case of "one rule for us and another for the police"!
I know of several police 4x4's around here that not only mount their codan HF antennas on the front (which is a no-no), the antennas are also mounted on a 1/2" tounge of steel bolted to the ARB winch bar and sticking out the front by about 6".
When I questioned a police officer about this, he started nosing around my own 4x4 trying to find a defectable fault (he found none!)
Regards,
Michael.
AnswerID: 96904

Follow Up By: ev700 - Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 16:18

Sunday, Feb 06, 2005 at 16:18
Cripes, you're game asking the questionning the boys in blue.

A few years ago the water police inspected my boat from stem to stern in the Brisbane River, probably as part of a local crack-down. They interrupted a family picnic and kids fishing to do so too. Was just before dusk and took 20 mins. Buggers scowled and postured heaps which was totally unnecessary - we were friendly, polite etc (usual law-abiding family on an outing).

Just as the big police cat turned in the tide to leave I noticed its starboard nav light was dead and being helpful (no, not joking) I called out to let them know.

Well they thumped around in their boat for at least 15 mins while we packed up and slipped off downstream home at half throttle. About 10 mins later they passed us doing the clappers and their green light was still out. No wave or whatever.

Some police go out of their way give the rest a bad name - great for public relations! Don't these dills know that to be effective they need a good public image.

EV700
FollowupID: 355571

Sponsored Links