Unichip?

Submitted: Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 00:22
ThreadID: 20325 Views:1657 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone 'Unichipped' a 4.5l GU Patrol (petrol)?

What are the opinions on these and are they worth $1,300?

Anyone know of any secondhand units for sale?

Cheers

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: flappa - Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 09:11

Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 09:11
There are a few mention of these on the Patrol Forums.

I have spoekn to one guy who just recently put one on his , and he is stoked with the results.

Noticably more power, holds Hills in OD , when it used to drop back. Worth the money.

He hasn't found and reduction in fuel economy , but no worse. I guess its relative.

Get more horses , use more fuel , but if it holds better , fuel use should remain about equal.

Would certainly consider it for my GU 4.5 if the money is available.
AnswerID: 97812

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 09:42

Friday, Feb 11, 2005 at 09:42
Now you are a lucky dude....there is one for sale on ebay at the moment...ive been watching it, and $250 is the current price. You will be up for $450 to install and tune it, but
You will need to contact APS about the serial number ....if it is stolen it is useless, as no-one will tune it for you. It is also an A unichip, most 4b's use the A chip, best to have a look at the power charts listed on the safari website to get an indication of what to expect...
Usually, you will get better economy and more drivability.
Andrew
b4 you bag me out, walk a mile in my shoes, then your a mile away and have my shoes :)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message
Classifieds: Bt50/Ranger Speedy grande2 18x8 alloys (x4), Landcruiser 200 series/100 series 4 alloy rims with tyres and nuts GC

AnswerID: 97822

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (14)