Japanese Low K Imports ....data base started

Submitted: Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 01:03
ThreadID: 20552 Views:2369 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I work for an Auto Parts Co and I want to start a data base/ info section on what is available for what imports as I'm tired of "that's an import so bad luck". The toyotasurf.asn.com has a lot of info as well. All input appreciated and I will endeavour to colate and publish what I can ASAP.

I'm more interested in the parts you have sourced, part numbers rather than supplier as this is probably more relevant.

In anticipation of your help, thanks.

Brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 07:41

Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 07:41
As a Delica Spacegear owner, this is heartening news.

I frequent this site ..... http://www.delicaclub.com/

The people there are always talking about getting stuff, like parts or snazzy add ons.

Wade through it, and you will find some links.

Wolfie
AnswerID: 98923

Reply By: theshadows - Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 07:48

Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 07:48
you wont get a lot of info from nissan owners i'm afraid.

nissan has a great policy on grey imports. thry even removed the surcharge for special orders.

as for part numbers for aftermarket items. Nissan parts system is avaible freely over the internet.{look up posts containing F.A.S.T}.Fast haas a look up feature that tells you the part number and what other vechiles that run the same part.

It makes life so easy.

shadow
AnswerID: 98924

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 07:53

Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 07:53
I was speaking with John here a little while ago, the John that drives the big mother of a Hummer. He was saying he simply gets on the net, and can order ANYTHING he needs for his ride.

It's a pity they all don't follow suit.

Wolfie
FollowupID: 357322

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 12:27

Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 12:27
I havn't actually had any dramas with parts, more suppliers. When I ask someone for a part and they give me the "it's an import speal" I just walk out. Don't even say thanks, just walk out. Go next door to the next bloke and he'll go "Yeah, it's just a prado this or a hilux that or a 4 runner doova". But I reckon it's still a really good idea as I have occasionally got a prado part then discovered I should have got the 4 runner part and that kind of thing so the database is a great idea. I can give you model numbers or all my filters, genuine and non geuine in most cases as well as part numbers for brake pads and a few other bits and bobs.
AnswerID: 98961

Reply By: Member - Spook (SA) - Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 12:34

Friday, Feb 18, 2005 at 12:34
I picked up a pair of toyota surf front seats at a good price, they are a lot more comfy that the stock vinyl one's and bolt straight in. I'd be interested in toyota surf parts as some of them are interchangable with hilux one's.
Cheers Brad
AnswerID: 98962

Sponsored Links