Forrest WA TransPacific Rail Line

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 15:43
ThreadID: 20606 Views:2641 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Have seen a number of question regarding traveling this line. Can we or cant we?
A friend who has been living on the Nullarbor for 2 1/2 years says, SA/WA border to Kalgoorlie there are no restrictions (other than when the road is closed because of rain). Tarcoola - SA/WA border, there are no signs, no one has ever been fined before, and there is no one to stop you and people do it all the time. Be sensible though make sure you are well equipped and don't go hailing down a train unless you have a life threatening emergency (it costs a lot of money to stop a train, the downtime costs $$$$$). Also, it is best not to drive on the ballast track as this is where you may pick up a spike in your tyres and things do fall off trains, there are other tracks away from the track. And make sure you stop at Forrest, the only place from Tarcoola - Kalgoorlie where you can get fuel (Diesel, ULP) Camping with power, good water, fire pits wood supplied, B&B Accom, and meals and great outback hospitality. They also have a museum, historic trail and a huge sealed runway, you may even see a plane come in there. (Cook is a closed railway town even though the caretakers Jan & Ivor will help wherever possible).
Happy Traveling
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve & Jen - Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 16:00

Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 16:00
Sorry People, Should be Trans Continental Railway line.
AnswerID: 99160

Reply By: Member - Banjo (SA) - Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 18:37

Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 18:37
The mob who own the railway and adjacent service corridor have banned all access from Malbooma in SA to the west (might be Rawlinna). They have threatened legal action against trespassers (if they can prove it I guess - the law is one thing .... policing is another). There was info on the roads pages here - Michelle did the research - she assured all members that the railway owners will not issue any permits full stop.
AnswerID: 99184

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (11)