Tyres/suspension National Code of Practice

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 17:07
ThreadID: 20664 Views:2402 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Was just speaking to WA transport regarding increasing tyre diameter from original and apparently there will be new legislation coming out in the next few months which will become national code of practice.

Anything over 50mm increase in overall tyre diameter will require transport engineering approval.

Plus any increase in overall ride greater than 50mm will require the same. That includes the lift from larger tyres.

The guy I spoke to was a little vague with ride height issue and I asked if there was any literature I could look at, which was when he informed me it will all be rolled out very shortly and it will be a national standard.

Anyone heard about this or know more about it?
My vehicle already has a 2 inch lift so larger tyres will put me over the limit.

Cookie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Diamond (Vic) - Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 17:52

Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 17:52
geez i wish i lived in wa.
vic and most other states have a 15mm diameter increase before an engineers report is needed.
you guys get it so easy lol
AnswerID: 99514

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 18:17

Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 18:17
I also find personally that talking to the WA transport department is like taking a leak into a head wind. They never give you the same answer twice, keep you waiting for long periods and transfer you from place to place constantly.... And if you dare to go in there.... Holy crap, take a number and sit down to watch a couple of 1 hour episodes of days of our lives on the TV in the waiting room!
I once had an on going argument with them over stamp duty that lasted over nine months with fines ending up over $1000 before they finally decided to withdraw the notice. They are mental. They kept sending me fines for somthing I hadn't done and telling me that they would retract them, then I'd get another one 3 months later for even more!

1 - 2 - 3 - 4- 5- 6- 7- 8- 9- 10

ok, I'll get back in my box now. Deep breath. Deep breath. :-~

Dikheds. Murmer Murmer.
AnswerID: 99521

Reply By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 19:34

Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 19:34
Why is it so damn difficult to get a definitive answer on this issue?????

Latest I hear is that ADR 23 which covered tyre and rim combinations at a national level ceased to have effect as at 1 Jan 2005 and so far nothing has replaced it that I know of. Apparantly ADR 40 takes over but I am yet to hear what it contains as it is not published on the goverment website www.dotars.gov.au.

So can we do what we like at the moment????

Cookie's info about a new national standard coming out may well be accurate in the context of the withdrawal of ADR23. We will just have to wait and see.

If anyone knows anything more then I would love to know it!

Muddy
AnswerID: 99537

Sponsored Links