Lawn Hill to Borroloola

Submitted: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 207 Views:2550 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Drive in 1 day from Lawn Hill NP to Borroloola? How feasible is this in July?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: stephen mills - Saturday, May 05, 2001 at 00:00

Saturday, May 05, 2001 at 00:00
You would be almost mad if you tried this one, its not a race track and from my experience- i have travelled over these roads, i would definitely not recommend this stunt!!
AnswerID: 425

Reply By: Ray McGregor - Monday, May 14, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, May 14, 2001 at 00:00
Mark we also intend to travel this road around 30.6 to 3.7.01 and would also like any current info on the road and its condition. we are also considering the track from Lawn Hill via Bowthorn and intend to ask at Adels Grove . we will be travelling in ! prado & off road camper trailer and others in Pajero & camper trailer.
Any info (current) that anyone may like to post would be appreciated.
thanks.
regards Ray
AnswerID: 461

Reply By: Nigel - Monday, May 14, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, May 14, 2001 at 00:00
Ive got relatives that live out that way... they had a lot of rain this year and some roads were still closed a couple of weeks ago - havent heard any recent reports, but Id guess the roads wont be in the best condition.
AnswerID: 466

Reply By: Iain - Friday, Aug 03, 2001 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 03, 2001 at 00:00
Hi Mark,
I hope this letter reaches you in time.
We have just returned from a trip across the top end and the road was in good condition compaired to other roads we experienced on our journey.The track from Lawn Hill via Bowthorn is an enjoyable trek. You must stop in at Bowthorn for a cuppa & some terrific scones (yummy) if you can find the time.
My advise would be to add another day to your iteninary and stay at Kingfisher camp which is really a beautiful little place to camp next to the river.If unsure how to get to Kingfisher ask Kerry who lives at Bowthorn station for directions. The trip from Lawn Hill NP to Borroloola is just too far really to do in one day so find another day ,possibly two and i hope your trip is an enjoyable one.
AnswerID: 831

Sponsored Links