imobilising a 60 seris 12HT

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 20:26
ThreadID: 21194 Views:1449 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi again all, i am trying to find the wire that turns the motor off on a 12HT but have not found a wire leading to injector pump (must admit only had a 2 min look ) only a lot of wires going to inlt manifold. can anyone help to direct me to the wire that stops the motor so i can put a hidden stopper in line for security?
bloody hot today in nth west vic.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Casnat - Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 21:03

Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 21:03
If you have an auto, an easy kill switch is to put a hold down button into the wiring of the "neutral safety switch". This is the mechanism that only allows starting in park or neutral. You put a hidden hold down switch in that circuit that you have to hold down while you start the engine.

If you have a manual........sorry can't help

AnswerID: 102274

Follow Up By: DINGO - Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 21:08

Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 21:08
sorry its a manual! thanks for your help anyhoy.
FollowupID: 360038

Reply By: Davoe - Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 21:08

Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 21:08
It will be there as they have a cut of solonoid instead of an edic motor - but jeez for the price of a proffesionally fitted immobalizer and the government rebate as well as the insurance discount why do it yourself? around 100 bucks
AnswerID: 102276

Follow Up By: DINGO - Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 21:48

Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 21:48
Hi Davoe, what di you get for a profesional imobiliser???, also i have not hear of a gov rebate nor insurance savings??? i would like to know of what is available??
regards Dingo
FollowupID: 360043

Follow Up By: Davoe - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 09:14

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 09:14
in West oz you get a govt rebate of about 30$ to fit an immobaliser which is often done by the installer so it costs you less without the hassle. Immobalisers are compulsery here but i other states such as s.a you can usually get a discount on your insurance for having one fitted. A basic immob with the red flashing light and key thingo costs about $100 or so
FollowupID: 360079

Follow Up By: Member - Clive G (WA) - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 11:03

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 11:03
I had one installed in my 60, I got remote control imobiliser and remote door lock installed all for 160 bucks,, plus cheaper insurance,, not worth trying to do it yourself.

FollowupID: 360090

Reply By: Member - muzzgit - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 01:09

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 01:09
Contact your insurance company. Most offer a discount if an immobiliser is fitted. Some will not insure you if you DON'T have one !! Here in WA they are compulsory.

Depending on which state your in, you may get a government rebate, you need to talk to the people that install them. If your cruiser has central locking, getting a good immobiliser which locks all the doors as you walk away is a real time saver. My FJ62 had a central locking button on the dash so I could lock the doors and use the key on the drivers door, but after getting an immobiliser with auto door lock, life became much better.

Any good auto sparkie should be able to rig up a simple immobiliser for you, be it a button you push when you want to start, or a system I have seen where once the cig lighter is pushed in, she no start.
AnswerID: 102321

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)