is ngarkat open

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 21:13
ThreadID: 21195 Views:1448 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
thinking of going to ngarkat cp in a couple of weeks. is it open ?and is it a day trip from adelaide ?or where is the best place to stay ?do you come in from pinaroo end only thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Patrolman Pat - Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 21:23

Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 21:23
As far as I know ngarkat is open, ring National Parks in Lameroo for latest advice. Get a copy of mallee tracks by Nicholls and Angel, it has a few good drives in the park. I usually make aweekend of it from Adelaide but you could do a drive in a day with an early start but an overnight camop is far better. Access from lameroo, Pinnaroo, Tintinara. It's a big area.
AnswerID: 102279

Reply By: DukeAtty - Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 22:06

Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 22:06
Hi Scott.. Yes it is a huge area with many places to enter from... Generally most of the tracks are easy and flat,,, just sandy........

If you want something with an average challenge where you have to deflate tires you might find the Border Track of interest...

Approx 5kms before Pinnaroo (Adelaide side ) there is a right turn into a dirt road which is sign-posted (brown sign),,, i cant quite remember the roads name but it is something like "Rosy Pine rd".... If you follow that road for approx 5kms you will come to an intersection of tracks and a campsite...

"The Centre Track is easy easy,,,, and the The Border Track is quite an effort over the sand dunes towards the middle and end...
AnswerID: 102293

Follow Up By: DukeAtty - Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 22:10

Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 22:10
Border track goes for about 85kms then you find yourself at a "L" section dirts roads intersection..... Turn right and it will take you into Keith...

Oh and by the way.... when you leave the original first campsite along the Border track you will get to the border fence after about 5 or 6kms,,, turn hard right so the fence is on your left.....
FollowupID: 360045

Follow Up By: DukeAtty - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 07:35

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 07:35
You can easily leave 7am on a Sat and get to Red Bluff or sorts by about 3 if you are not rushing and then get into keith about 11ish the next day..
FollowupID: 360067

Sponsored Links