ROIL oil conditioner

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:59
ThreadID: 21419 Views:6635 Replies:4 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
I have just been handed information on Roil by a workmate whos father is the Australian distributor for this product now my question is, does anyone know of or used this product cause it looks and sounds pretty good and anything that can help improve the life of an engine should be good and it can be used in diesel engines so even better i hope.

This is a link to The Jaguar Magazine artical on this product.

Redback.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Patrolman Pat - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 18:18

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 18:18
It's distributed by MLM (multi level marketting) so there ar lots of distributors. I know a few who tell me how good it is. Not one will give me some to try before I buy, even though I've offered to pay them twice the asking price if it does all they claim. Maybe they should sell Hiclones this way too ;)
AnswerID: 103455

Follow Up By: Redback - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:23

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:23
It should of read AN australian distributor, maybe they don't trust you are you shifty looking ;-)
FollowupID: 361061

Reply By: Bryan (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 23:49

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 23:49
Hi redback,
I have it in my engine, and gearbox. Ive got a GQ LWB with the 4.2EFI.
cant say i've noticed any difference. But that doesnt say it doesnt work,, I have always used semi synth oil in my engine also, i know alot of people who dont to save a few bucks, but I beleive in prevention is better, and i prefer to use higher grade oil if it will protect my engine and make hopefully help to make it last longer..
I did a google search on roil, and there are alot of independant tests on it, the one i the jaguar magazine is the most compelling that shows it definately reduces friction. I've included the url for you
http://www.jaguarmagazine.com/website/links/roil-metal-conditioner.shtml

my mate had it in his 4.2 diesel GQ engine, we poured it into the engine while it was running and the 'clanking' of the old diesel motor literally almost went away. it was as if there was now padding there stopping the old deisel clanking we know and love.. he later put a v8 diesel in his GQ down at brunswick diesel. due to the rather large increase in power and tourque the motor puts out, he then started having gear box over heating when 4wding,, so he put it in there, and that has stopped that issue. he plans to put full synthetic in the gear box soon as the long term fix..

I dont distribute the stuff at all, Im just passing on what I have personally seen and what Im tryring myself.
go and search it on the internet, you will find plenty of independant tests on it. the best test is by far the one done by the jaguar magazine.

regards
Bryan
AnswerID: 103521

Follow Up By: Redback - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:14

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:14
Thanks Bryan for that this what i was after someone who has used it i might give it a try i'll have to find out if i can first there are a few products that can't be used in the TD5 Landy for some reason.

Oh the green text on my post is the same URL you gave me.

Thanks again
Barry.
FollowupID: 361058

Follow Up By: Bryan (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 23:37

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 23:37
Hi Barry,
I realised you included the URl after I went back and re-read your post after I pressed the submit button :-)

I certainly think it is worth the cost.
FollowupID: 361183

Follow Up By: Bryan (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 23:47

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 23:47
Hi Barry again, I forgot to mention my father has the roil in his TD5 disco with no problems. he is also looking at full synth oil to run in it.. I think he is thinking about using redline synth oil...

regards
Bryan
FollowupID: 361185

Reply By: Big Woody - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 00:10

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 00:10
Hi Redback,

About 2 years ago I placed my first treatment of ROIL into the engine of my 4.2 diesel GQ Patrol wagon. The engine had 270,000 km's on the clock and not only was quite rattly but on start up often had quite distinct knocking from the engine until warmed up.

As the writer above has said, the intitial difference was instant but as I have continued to add ROIL on each oil change I have noticed that now with 380,000 km on the engine, it sounds a quiet and as tight as the 1HZ motor in my 75 series ute. (yes, I know, I've got a foot in each camp) I am quite impressed and will continue to use it in all applications that I can find. I have put it in our motorbikes, outboard, inboard diesel on our yacht, even the lawnmower.

My landcruiser ute has a Mike Vine Aftermarket Turbo running quite a high boost. This engine has been running on fully synthetic oil since new. About 2 months ago I decided to add it to the cruiser. After a 2 hour run up the range to our farm in the middle of January with a big tandem trailer on the back, which would normally show my temp guage right at the top of the "normal" zone (about 3/4), I noticed the temp did not climb above half way and when I got to the farm, the engine was idling at 800 rpm and I had to adjust the idle back. Certainly must have reduced friction somewhere.

So far I have only put it in engines but the diff/gearbox are starting to get a little noisy in the Landcruiser so I have purchased some more ROIL while on the Gold Coast last week to add to these so I will let you know how they go after a few months.

Cheers,
Brett
AnswerID: 103525

Follow Up By: Redback - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:18

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:18
Great Brett thanks i might pass this on to a mate who is having overheating problems in his GQ, thanks again guys for the replies really helpfull.

Barry.
FollowupID: 361059

Follow Up By: Bryan (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 23:44

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 23:44
Hi Brett,
dont put it into an LSD as the positive electrons it coats the metal with (making positive on positive repelling like with magnets) will stop the LSD plates engaging in the GQ patrol,, and other LSD's if they use plates like Nissan do...
Ive got it in my gearbox, I dont have it in my transfercase as I have automatic transmisison fluid in that to disipate heat as best possible (even tho you can put it safely in your pwr steerng system) as the wear and use in 4wd for me is very little, so i didnt see any big benefits by adding it in.

regards
Bryan
FollowupID: 361184

Follow Up By: Big Woody - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 07:29

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 07:29
Thanks Bryan,
Yes I am already aware of never putting any additives into diffs, auto's etc.. anything that uses clutch plates. The friction modifiers in any additive play havoc with them. I am only adding to the diff in my landcruiser ute as it is not an LSD.

Cheers,
Brett
FollowupID: 361198

Reply By: Some Guy - Saturday, Apr 02, 2005 at 17:53

Saturday, Apr 02, 2005 at 17:53
"does anyone know of or used this product cause it looks and sounds pretty good"

Don't buy it. It might be harmless, but there is also the chance of it damaging your car. Have a look at the Australian Consumer Associations recent test of various additives for cars. Their conclusion? They don't work.
AnswerID: 104814

Sponsored Links