Gasmate 3 way fridge

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 22:11
ThreadID: 21446 Views:11391 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have purchsed a gasmate 3 way fridge for $375.00 has anyone had any expierance with these fridges . I really needed one for the Easter break hope i have not done my money but it is getting down to 3 degrees on 240v
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 06:21

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 06:21
Check the archives.

If you're lucky, you might get through them before Easter 3005. LoL.

iMusty.

AnswerID: 103535

Reply By: lexmarine - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:38

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:38
Hi, I have used a Chestcold 3way fridge for years and it is great. Turn it on a couple of days befor you go, then 12v in the car, and straight on to gas or 240 when you get there. They will warm up fast if not on so be quick. They use lots of 12v dont leave it on in the car when not running the car. The 12v will only hold the temp it started with so make sure it is cold before you go. Make sure it is level with a bubble type level it must be spot on. Keep the vent at the back and top clear. It is best to start it up once a month to mix up the gas. You can also turn it upside down and back again to mix the gas. Stock up the drinks before you go to bed.

The number one thing to remember get it level and keep the kids out!!!!

David B
AnswerID: 103565

Reply By: Member - Craig M (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:17

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:17
Hi,
I bought a Repco version of this type of fridge and it has been good so far.
Works great on 12v as this one has a turbo fan that switches on while on 12v.
We added a bit of extra insulation to the outside of it and it made a couple of degrees difference. Someone else added polystyrene foam to the outside then covered it in contact and he was over the moon with the difference.
The main points as pointed out above are to make sure it is level.
And that it isgetting plenty of air.

A lot of people build some sort of frame with screw out adjustable legs to make it easier leveling.

Hope you have a nice cold one over easter.

cheers
AnswerID: 103580

Follow Up By: pixiemops - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 18:48

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 18:48
Hi Craig......That may have been me with the polystyrene....I recently made 4 new legs to raise it off the ground and added a 25mm sheet on the bottom as well. This has helped even further. It was 32max in perth today and when i got home from work the fridge thermometer was reading minus 1 on 240v and the coke was iced up. Noticed how a previous poster said how quick the fridge will heat up if not on .....further indications that an improvement in the insulation really does help big time. The manufactures of these fridges would do well to bear this in mind. A bit more insulation transforms these fridges and they work bloody fantastic in the heat as well.
FollowupID: 361284

Sponsored Links