moving maps

Submitted: Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 20:31
ThreadID: 21517 Views:1785 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
good evening all and and a happy and safe easter to all
1 can any body explain in simple language how to make the moving maps keep moving when they get to the edge of the map ie get the next map to start without having to stop the car and load it manually
2 is there a decent set of maps about that dont have all thebleepe on the edges where the pointer looses itself and me and please dont say the raster maps as i have 2 sets some from 2 yrs ago and some new ones and they are just the same rubbish with all the writing on 1 side and it always seems to be the way i want to travel

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 20:53

Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 20:53
theres a setting somewhere mate, but on my PDA it just jumps to the next map anyways if you have it in the unit. I use the 1:250000 AUSLIG maps and they work fine automatically changes when it gets to the edge, if you have the other map there on your drive.

try moving map>automatically scrol map...maybe that'll help
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 103844

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 21:09

Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 21:09
Make sure the map file path is defined correctly.... file/configuration/system

When you have the system working correctly the bleep wont bother you as a new map will load.
AnswerID: 103846

Reply By: The Explorer - Saturday, Mar 26, 2005 at 10:15

Saturday, Mar 26, 2005 at 10:15
Hello
Firstly I am assuming you are using OziExplorer and the 250K Auslig/Natmap maps?

1. OziExplorer will automatically change maps (if you have the next map and it can be found) when your position moves off the current map or across the map "neat lines". The "neat lines" (corner markers) are set up in "Check Map Calibration". Based on your comments in 2 it appears that the calibration files you are using have the corner markers not set correctly (on the four "corners" of the actual map) but are at the extreme corners of image which includes the external info on the map.....so

2. Update your map files (I assume you have imported the files into OziExplorer using import map function which is why corner makers are set to extreme corners). You could manually move all the corner markers but that would be a bit painful so download the appropriate set of calibration files (*.map files) for your version of the Maps from the OxiExplorer web page… (which I am assuming have the corner markers in the right spots)

OziExplorer Australia Page

Download these and get rid of your old set of *.map files – All other things being correct, moving map should then work for you.

The other thing that may be wrong is that you have not changed your *.maps files to look in right directory for your maps – what message do you get when moving map comes to the edge of the map? If it says something about not being able to find the map image or browse for map image then this may be the problem – use the FILE – Change Image File name, Path & Drive Function to fix up this issue. Read the OziExplorer Help file for info on this and all other Ozi functions – the Help file is very good – if you can, print it out (bit BIG) and read it.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 103882

Reply By: GOB & denny vic member - Saturday, Mar 26, 2005 at 12:39

Saturday, Mar 26, 2005 at 12:39
goodday all
thank you for all the help
"by george i think i have it"
time will tell but i am tracking on the desk at the minute no joins in map beautiful

steve
AnswerID: 103887

Reply By: Bob of KAOS - Saturday, Mar 26, 2005 at 15:48

Saturday, Mar 26, 2005 at 15:48
Or get the NatMap Mosaic Map which is just one big, continuous map instead of hundreds of separate 'Sheets'
AnswerID: 103899

Sponsored Links