Submitted: Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 10:48
ThreadID: 21876 Views:1805 Replies:7 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
[ View Image]

LMAO!!!!!!!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: motherhen - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:21

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:21
Hi Truckster - off the topic, but noticed you have exhaust gas temp guage. What temp. readings do you get? I put a post on yesterday on this subject. Thanks, Motherhen
AnswerID: 105712

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:28

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:28
Mine is setup to 500 I wouldnt go higher.

crusing is around 200-300 depending on outside temps.
FollowupID: 362839

Follow Up By: motherhen - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 13:27

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 13:27
Thanks Truckster - Ian from Thermoguard replied to my post 21849 saying there are two places they can be fitted - according to our Nissan people who did the job, ours is fitted in the hottest section. Haven't tried it with the caravan yet, but was on around 400 - 450 on the flat, 500 if in a lower gear, to 550 if pushing it on a hill. I envisage it going higher when towing the heavy van. The dealers knew very little about temperatures, so are keen to hear the temp readings we are getting.
FollowupID: 362849

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 14:13

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 14:13
So, Motherhen, where did they end up fitting the pick-up unit? By the "hottest section", I assume you mean it is in the exhaust manifold? If so, then as ian said, you should expect temps of up to 600 deg C; Ian says 720 would be the absolute max (and only for a few seconds). As I said before, I have not reached 600c and that includes pushing it fairly hard on fairly warm days and with the air con still on. Mine is located in the exhaust manifold and I recall Truckster saying his is in the dump pipe (below the turbo) so that is why his doesn't go much above 500c.
Cheers,
Roachie
FollowupID: 362858

Reply By: TheUndertaker - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:22

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:22
And then the verticaly challenged will require wooden booster blocks to be fitted to the pedals in order to reach them.
AnswerID: 105713

Reply By: Member - Geoff & Karen - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:28

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:28
I like that Truckster. I have printed it out and going to give it to the President at oour next 4wd meeting to read out (minus the "F" words). I will hand it to him as if it was in the newspaper...................
Karen
AnswerID: 105715

Reply By: muzzimbidgie - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:45

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:45
A Wife's Tender Concern About Hubby

When David first noticed that hisbleepwas growing larger and staying erect longer, he was delighted, as was his wife. After several weeks hisbleephad grown to nearly sixteen inches and was close to dragging the ground.

David became quite concerned, so he and his wife went to see a prominent urologist. After an initial examination, the physician explained to the couple that, though rare, Davids condition could be cured through corrective surgery.

"How long will he be on crutches ?" the wife asked anxiously.

"Crutches ? Why would he need crutches ?" responded the surprised doctor.

"Well," said the wife coldly, "you are planning to lengthen his legs, aren't you ?"

AnswerID: 105717

Reply By: Member - Bernard - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 13:18

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 13:18
You don't have to own a cat to appreciate this one...

A couple was dressed and ready to go out for the evening. They turned on a night-light, turned the answering machine on the phone line, covered their pet parakeet and put the cat in the backyard. They phoned the local cab company and requested a taxi. The taxi arrived and the couple opened the front door to leave their house.

The cat they had put out into the yard scoots back into the house. They don't want the cat shut in the house because she always tries to eat the bird. The wife goes out to the taxi while the husband goes inside to get the cat. The cat runs upstairs, the man in hot pursuit.

Waiting in the cab, the wife doesn't want the driver to know the house will be empty for the night. She explains to the taxi driver that her husband will be out soon. "He's just going upstairs to say good-bye to my mother."

A few minutes later, the husband gets into the cab. "Sorry I took so long," he says, as they drive away. "Stupid bitch was hiding under the bed. Had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out! She tried to take off so I grabbed her by the neck. Then I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from scratching me. But it worked. I hauled her fat ass downstairs and threw her out into the back yard!"

The cabdriver hit a parked car...
AnswerID: 105725

Follow Up By: Member - Bernard - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 13:40

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 13:40
SWMBO said to add this one:

Australian Woman's Prayer

Our Cash
Which Art On Plastic
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Thy Cartier Watch
Thy Prada Bag
In Myer
As It Is In David Jones
Give Us Each Day Our Platinum Visa
And Forgive Us Our Overdraft
As We Forgive Those Who Stop Our Mastercard
And Lead Us Not Into Katies
And Deliver Us From Sussans
For Thine Is The Dinnigan, The Akira And The Armani
For Chanel No 5 And Eternity

Amex

Australian Man's Prayer

Our Beer
Which Art In Bottles
Hallowed Be Thy Sport
Thy Will Be Drunk
I Will Be Drunk
At Home As I Am At The Pub
Give Us Each Day Our Daily Schooners
And Forgive Us Our Spillages
As We Forgive Those Who Spillest Against Us
Lead Us Not Into The Sooky Practice Of Wine Tasting
And Deliver Us From Tequila
For Mine Is The Bitter
Forever And Ever

Barmen
FollowupID: 362851

Follow Up By: Member - Bernard - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 16:37

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 16:37
Told to add this one too:

The Old Cowboy

An old cowboy sat down at the bar and ordered a drink.

As he sat sipping his drink, a young woman sat down next to him.
She turned to the cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life, breaking colts, working
cows, going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves, bailing hay,
doctoring calves, cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors,
and feeding my dogs, so I guess I am a cowboy."

She said, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women.
As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women. When I
shower, I think about women. When I watch TV, I think about women.
I even think about women when I eat. It seems that everything
makes me think of women."

The two sat sipping in silence.

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side of the old
cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a
lesbian."
FollowupID: 362879

Reply By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 18:44

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 18:44
Bruce

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)
AnswerID: 105764

Reply By: motherhen - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 22:29

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 22:29
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics):
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.
7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.
8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

AnswerID: 105804

Sponsored Links