CSR in June

Submitted: Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 05:34
ThreadID: 21941 Views:1443 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have read a few post about doing the CSR in June.

So just to get a idea of who will be there and in what direction you are travelling.

Wayne (NSW) June 1st from Ayres Rock to Leonora, Wiluna then the CSR. Finish on the 26th of June at Alice Springs.

White Troopie with 4 or 5 vehicles taging along.

Wayne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ed. C.- Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 17:28

Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 17:28
Well, if all goes to plan...
Leaving S.E.Q'ld. (Toowoomba) on or about 1st June, via Innamincka, Walker's Crossing, Warburton track to Poeppel Cnr., Hay R., Jervois to Alice Springs...
From there, up the Tanami to Wolfe Ck. Crater.. No fixed itinerary, but hoping to be there by about mid-June...
From there, it's S by SW down the CSR, taking each day as it comes.. From Georgia bore, we'll take a side trip out to Rudall R. NP where we will spend a few days R&R, & top up w/- fuel also.. If there are no "dramas" along the way, we should be in this area around the end of the month....
From here, it's back to the CSR, & we'll make our way to Albany, where we hope to catch up with some good friends, and more importantly, spend some Quality Time with our eldest son (who lives in Perth) & his GF, they'll come down to Albany & meet us there....
Then it's across to Esperance, & Cape Arid NP which is adjacent to farming properties where I worked for approx. 13 yrs from the early '70s'.... From there, it's up to Balladonia, & depending on track conditions, we'll head up to the railway line at Zanthus, East to Rawlinna, then via Connie Sue H'way to Anne Beadell H'way, Coober Pedy, Oodnadatta, Dalhousie, & W->E across the SD, & then home.... We're allowing approx. 3 months for the trip, but depending on "contingencies", we can take "as long as it takes"...

Ed. & Janice, '99 GU TD42T (red pearl), in company w/- 2 other Patrols & a Troopie... Self & the other 2 Patrols will be towing.... (that'll put a "cat among the pigeons"!!! ;-))...

Might see ya'z out there :-)

Regards, Ed. C.

Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand,
....Not necessarily mechanic!!"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 106182

Sponsored Links