Rust Protection

Submitted: Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2195 Views:1325 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anybody used or had experience with electronic rust protection units? Do these work? Are they worth the money spent on them? As I live on the Coast and do regular beach driving they are a very appealing option.

thanks in advance
Greg
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: andy - Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00
In the USA a body that is equivalent to our ACCC toock the manufacturers of these units to court and had them banned off the market as they said that what they actually deliver is not what the manufacturers are claiming. In Aus I have heard that a few govt. depts actually are getting results from beach driven cars with them fitted (not first hand). One sales rep of a popular brand told me that when used on old cars they can improve the appearance of old paint (not sure about this). I have heard of a lighthouse keeper in Vic that reckons he gets another 3 years out of the body of his cars with them fitted. (This may be due to the car manufacturers building better cars). You can get good and bad reports for anything that you like. It seems funny that when these products were taken from the US market they all suddenly appeared on the Aussie market. Try and get first hand reports and don't believe shops that are trying to sell them. Andy
AnswerID: 7720

Follow Up By: Member - Nigel - Tuesday, Oct 22, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 22, 2002 at 00:00
There are different types that use different methods and the US Govt only banned the types that didn't do as they claimed.

That capacitive coupling systems are still available in the US (eg CounterAct) but I use the Australian made and tested ERPS which was recommended to me by the local fertiliser company (who's truck bodies last much longer now).
FollowupID: 3569

Reply By: AXEL+KAREN - Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00

look in this forum archives,,,all you need is in there,,would not be without it, the cost of a new vehicle demands rust protection ,,Axel ,,
AnswerID: 7730

Follow Up By: Greg - Qld - Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00

Thanks for the replies.

I followed up on the archives and it answerred all my questions.
Thanks
Greg
FollowupID: 3552

Reply By: royce - Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00

Well.. I was jumped on last time I pointed this out... but here goes again. Government bodies, experts, reviewers and science theorists have all come out in support..... but dammit.... I can't find any real scientific tests to prove this thing. Sure..... fit it at big cost and you will be watching for rust from then on..... You will probably was off your vehicle and look for the rust. You will probably tell everyone how well the thing is working. Well you will feel silly if you don't. The most often comment I am finding is that 'Yeah there's rust, but not as much as there would have been without it!'. I have my doubts..... Royce
AnswerID: 7749

Sponsored Links