Some c%&p diesel...

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 17:11
ThreadID: 22230 Views:1954 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
....went for a spin out to the Blue Mountains this past weekend.......fueled up at the Wollworths servo at Rouse Hill......just near the Ettamoga Pub. Truck was belching black smoke and a little on the gutless side. Have a great black film over the rar bumpers and windows to show for it. If the bloody stuff wa snot so expensive these days I would drain it but I will see it out and it will be dure for a oil and filters change.

Just a warning. Seems getting good clean running diesel is getting harder and harder.

Andy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter 2 - Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 20:28

Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 20:28
I'd be going straight back to woolies and sticking it up them as soon as it happened and also get a sample from your vehicle tank and get it analysed, big companies will come to the party on repairs, I know a fella with an old Peugot diesel that had the engine rebuilt due to a crook load of fuel.
AnswerID: 107590

Follow Up By: Big Woody - Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 21:19

Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 21:19
Peter,
You are going to have to learn mate that you don't admit to knowing anyone with an old Peugot diesel.
How embarrasing (just kidding)

Brett
FollowupID: 364475

Follow Up By: BLUEBAG53 - Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 23:41

Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 23:41
The dirty fuel saga, be it unleaded, diesel, LRP, LPG etc. etc.
End result for the consumer is always big dollars.
I reside on the Redcliffe Peninsula Queensland. An absolutely beautiful piece of this wonderful country of ours, although southern developers are bending over backwards to spoil it and cash in on the profits, but that's another story.
So, dirty fuel, Peninsula style. I am aware of numerous cases of individuals that have refueled at a garage that uses an advertising logo that some crabs utilise as a home ( some people refer to these as a shell ) which is located on the southern extremities of our Peninsula ( Woody Point ).
Well, during those periods we, the common consumer refer to as "high tide", the sea ( Moreton Bay ) level is frequently above that at which the underground tanks at this particular servo are located/positioned/help me out here with another word for depth! result, DIRTY FUEL! Breakdown! Call the RACQ!
Take a fuel sample and have it analysed I hear you say young Jedi, great suggestion, however the fuel sample is commonly analysed by none other than the company that supplies fuel to the outlet. Result, Problem! There is no problem.
Suggestion: Until this re-occuring situation is elevated to the relevant state and/or federal authorities, we the consumer will continue to be shafted by the multi-nationals.
One quick question for those readers that may be conversant with Aust Standards, what are the requirements for the testing of storeage containers for all varients of fuel? Or is there such an AS?
Troops, enjoy ANZAC Day, stay safe in this great country of ours.
FollowupID: 364509

Follow Up By: Peter 2 - Thursday, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:08

Thursday, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:08
These days there are independant labs to analyse the fuel, if you belong to the local motoring organisation go through them.
If the tanks at your local servo are leaking (which they are) then you can then stick it up them through the EPA or equivalent for pollution. As far as regs re tanks, they are NOT allowed to leak fullstop.
The downside is you may lose your local servo as it will be closed down.
FollowupID: 364545

Reply By: BLUEBAG53 - Thursday, Apr 21, 2005 at 23:48

Thursday, Apr 21, 2005 at 23:48
In this particular instance, salt water is entering the vessel and contaminating the fuel. Common sense would determine that during periods of peak tides ( I think the moon has an influence here) the sea lavel is above that of the tanks. So a likely scenario is your common garden variety servo monster at a pre-determined time, is required to fullfill one of their job description duty statement roles, ie. "dip the tanks" in the process of performing this task, a small quantity of salt water manages to enter through the neck of the main vessel and over an extended period of time this increases to a level that has/can and will cause internal combustion motors to have a fatal event and cease to function in it's primary role.
Subsequent complaints to the parent company result in checks an analysis of the suspect fuels. To date there is no problem with the fuels, so must be another source or another component of the motor vehicle at fault. The analysis has been conducted by the fuel companies own labs! (HELLO)
In reality this is on a larger scale than taking a urine sample from an international athlete and finding a positive result. We are up against multi nationals here, and they in no way, shape or form are going to be dictated to by us the consumer, that is, without a fight. I am not familiar with your bank account details but I definately do not have a spare billion set aside for adhoc legal expenses. Maybe thats why we pay to be members of our state motoring organisations.
Speaking for those motorist that are victims of this particular fuel outlet and its parent company, the placement of a "CLOSED FOR REDEVELOPMENT" sign displayed at its entrance .
AnswerID: 107748

Follow Up By: BLUEBAG53 - Thursday, Apr 21, 2005 at 23:54

Thursday, Apr 21, 2005 at 23:54
Sorry, trigger happy, last few words are "would bring a smile to our faces". Enjoy your weekend and spare a thought for our troops deployed overseas at this time!
FollowupID: 364632

Sponsored Links