LPG injector invention

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 20:38
ThreadID: 22237 Views:2074 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Did any one see the LPG GTI Stealth injector on the inventors? Looks pretty much like a normal injector with a small lead & plug. Plugs straight into the existing petrol lead & works off the original engine management system. Can run entirely on gas even on start up, & can run more efficiently than the current LPG system. Great invention for the petrol price minded.

Cheers

Jackablue
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: awill4x4 - Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 21:20

Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 21:20
Why bother. Just get a gas vapour injection conversion. I saw one on a current model Rodeo at the gas conversion place next door to us at work. Inlet manifold is drilled and tapped to accept extra injectors, there is no mixer in the inlet tract to compromise airflow, a new very small convertor, the gas is run through a pair of filters to ensure there is no blockage to the injectors.
The engine starts on petrol and only switches to LPG when water temps reach 40-45 C. If the LPG tank is close to empty the system senses the low pressure and switches back to petrol automatically. The system is integrated with the original computer via a piggyback auxilliary ECU, this ECU is pre programmed to suit the intended vehicle but is able to be retuned by laptop and dyno. Power difference, exactly what the manufacturer (Parnell) said it would be, 2 kiloWatts less on LPG and economy slightly worse on LPG but still miles better than the standard convertor/mixer arrangement.
Regards Andrew.
AnswerID: 107596

Follow Up By: BenSpoon - Thursday, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:06

Thursday, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:06
The inventors main plug was that you save on costs as it utilises the factory ECU, and you dont need to fork out for an additional or replacement.
As you say though, I dont think he was the first to come along with it. It makes me wonder how his differs from the small number of falcons- BAs I think, that came from factory running dedicated LPG. Apparently they had marginally higher power figures than the petrols too.
FollowupID: 364558

Reply By: viz - Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 21:25

Wednesday, Apr 20, 2005 at 21:25
Met Bill Campbell in the early 80s when he got out of the installer business to concentrate on finding a solution to the LPG injection issue. Vapourisation used to be the biggest hassle, so he must have that sorted now. (Some might see his car with the plates "Gasman"). Hope it works out for him - he has worked hard enough...

Interestingly Toyota is advertising their new vans with factory (I think) LPG gas injection... Still wont be putting in on my LC100 though. Have had 500,000+ km on LPG and it is hard on engines - a conversion takes about 60,000 km to pay off (on a van at least)...

/viz
AnswerID: 107598

Reply By: DMECH - Thursday, Apr 21, 2005 at 23:24

Thursday, Apr 21, 2005 at 23:24
Idid gas instalers / repairers course back in 91 .they mentioned this system,however was not alowed to be used as liquid gas wasnt allowed to be connected to the engine for safety reasons. i havnt been advised by the licensing authority that this has changed. A.D
AnswerID: 107744

Sponsored Links