AIR Lockers and front LSD:s Terranos et al

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 11:40
ThreadID: 22323 Views:2548 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Contrary to some posts I've read here regarding the much underrated Terrano II and the lack of aftermarket bits for it, I've found that there is lots of gear if you know where to look, like bullbars ( but had to modify one to accommodate a winch), rear Air Lockers, suspension bits, dual batt systems (LOTS of room for 2nd batt), body blocks (Patrol blocks are a sraight bolt on and I only had to raise the intercooler supports to finish the job), same with Patrol style swaybar disconnectors,, Calmini have transfer case reduction sets (the original is the usual 2,02:1) etc etc.

I've read somewhere the earlier (grey import) Terranos have a front lsd. Does anyone know whether this would fit the T2?? Is there anything to worry about driving with one fitted offroad with rear lockers on?? And why does the Air Locker system keep the air in the reservoir when the locker is already disengaged? Used the ARB compressor shorty afterwards to pump up the tyres and when connecting the air line, there was still air in there!!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 13:35

Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 13:35
Try searching the archives..
Theres been heaps of threads on deadly LSD in front.

No, not good idea by any shot of the imagination
AnswerID: 107999

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 13:53

Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 13:53
" et al "

Is this the model of Terrano? Like say..... sc efi.....

Or like Nissan gu dx....

Just wondering...

Wolfie
AnswerID: 108000

Follow Up By: Member - Oskar (Bris) - Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 17:43

Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 17:43
It's Latin meaning "and others" (Or something close to that).
i.e. Terranos, Surfs and all the other "odd" ones
Used commonly when a list of things (usually authors) is too long to list all of them.
Sorry for the english (Latin) lesson.(Can't help myself)
FollowupID: 364858

Reply By: westBob - Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 21:12

Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 21:12
popeda do you know of any other bullbars of other 4x4s that can be adapted to fit the terrano 11.. cheers Bob
AnswerID: 108038

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 21:25

Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 21:25
*anything* can be adapted, its how much work you wanna go through to get there.

would be cheaper to get a custom one made up IMHO..
Cheezy Racing makes some good bars in Melbourne.
FollowupID: 364872

Follow Up By: Popeda - Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 22:01

Sunday, Apr 24, 2005 at 22:01
Thanks guys for your replies and yes bob like truckster said anything can be custom made, mine cost just under a grand but I did some bracket work prior, do a google search and you'll find that at least one company, I think formulaoffroad have a bar to suit the T2 (ecb I think) and this maybe can easily be modified to take a winch if that's what you have in mind.

Some T2:s came with one airbag fitted on driver's side. Some companies may not make you a custom bar for legal reasons. You may for example have a situation where someone else driving your car sues you for modifying your car in a manner that prevents the the air bag mechanism from activating in an accident. I've heard of some people removing air bags altogether or having a written note in a holder clearly visible on the dash so anyone (like service blokes) driving your car can see the text "this vehicle, although having an airbag fitted on driver's side, has been modified by fitting a custom bullbar so that the said airbag may not function in an accident. By driving this car you acknowledge this modification and agree not to take legal proceedings against the registered owner due to this modification"
And you may still have insurance problems...

Me? Fitted the sign ..My solicitor mate told me to....But don't take this as legal advice.....Fourwheeling has been made hard without all this...
FollowupID: 364873

Reply By: Shaker - Monday, Apr 25, 2005 at 08:48

Monday, Apr 25, 2005 at 08:48
East Coast Bullbars make a bar to suit Terrano 2
AnswerID: 108064

Sponsored Links