Troopy rear door cover

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 10:34
ThreadID: 22505 Views:1627 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
In the past i saw a picture if a cover that enabled the rear barn doors of a troopie to be open when its raining thus providing a place to eat and cook etc but cant find anything like it now. Anybody got any good ideas?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Pterosaur - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 11:01

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 11:01
Hi,
I have a troopy camper - it has fitted above the back doors a plastic channel (riveted onto body). I have a (smallish) tarp which can be mounted there (pull a cord + canvas sleeve through channel) a couple of tent poles to support tarp and there you are !
Same type of channel allows munting of the tarp on the side of the vehicle if required.

hope this helps
Terry
AnswerID: 108911

Reply By: BushBugga (SA) - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 11:23

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 11:23
I dont like the idea of ataching directly to the body but I do have a full lenght rack and will look into fixing somthing there I think. Thanks
AnswerID: 108917

Reply By: Member - 'Lucy' - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 12:58

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 12:58
B-B

I have a pop top troopy which when converted had a 'rope track' fitted on both sides and the rear.

However it is an extremely common aluminium extrusion that can be purchased at places like Alcan , Caravan makers and or campertrailer places.

You can screw, bolt, rivet, glue or double side tape it to your vehicle. Whatever floats your boat.

Once cut to length, make sure the ends are de-burred and flared slightly with a large round srew driver (phillips head) or such like.

I have played around with extra 'things'on my rig using this type of rope track and fixed to the vehicle with either button head screws , pop rivets or double side tape as appropriate. All worked as expected and that is - fine.

Regards

Ken Robinson
AnswerID: 108923

Reply By: Member - 'Lucy' - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 13:00

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 13:00
Sorry. forgot to mention, that the biggest success has been developing a nylon flyscreen that can stay on when the doors are shut at night.

It attached to the aforementioned track and hangs straight down. Just excellent.
AnswerID: 108924

Sponsored Links