Eleven Sleeps to go!!!

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 16:25
ThreadID: 22513 Views:1838 Replies:5 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Then Wolfie's on his way.

Meet up at Woomera, with the tour organisers, and the rest of the troupe, then off we go....

16 days exploring the Beadell Tracks.

All catered for, just wash your own dishes, make your own beds......... dig our own vehicles out, mend our own punctures..........

I have gone through my laptop, and checked, rechecked, altered, checked the alterations on my packing list! It's sort of funny how the list sort of grows, then shrink, and grows........ It's like it's got a life of it's own, and it's breathing.

Going to extend the trip at the end, by spending some time in the Painted Desert.

People are wanting me to make stuff for them at my workshop, but the care factor is now down to zero. "Speak to me in June..." I leave the day after my son turns 21, and maybe...... get back in time for my daughters 19 th.

Now, some of you may be wondering..... is Tracy coming along? Nope.

She's going to China, with the wife of the chap I'm going away with. She leaves in October, so I'd better get my act together, and see what else I can do while she's away... lol!!

I am thinking my next overseas trip will be in Alaska, and do a week on the Sled Dog tour, probably going to have to do that in January.

Now, does Bourbon freeze up in Alaska............?

Wolfie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Footloose - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 16:50

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 16:50
Everything freezes if you go far enough North :))
Your trip is better than a trip to China. You will see what you want to see, she will see what she's allowed to see :))
AnswerID: 108946

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 17:04

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 17:04
Thing is, with Tracy's trip..... it's a whirlwind tour of the country, over 3 weeks.

She's in a plane every second day.

Now, I have a problem with small people that can't see over the dashboard.........

Wolfie
FollowupID: 365680

Follow Up By: Footloose - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 17:20

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 17:20
3 weeks ? You'll hardly know she's gone :) Mine went for 10 weeks to Europe with my daughter and left me with my son and the dogs. I had to discover where the washing machine was !
2 years later she went again with a workmate and didn't even phone for 3 weeks (on a bus at 6am...sure she was!). This time I was just left with the dogs and dishes.
Was good training for me as she got seriously crook last year and I had to do everything for 12 months.
But she's on the mend and I'm off bush alone this year. :))))))))
FollowupID: 365683

Reply By: motherhen - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 17:43

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 17:43
So who looks after Kobi?
AnswerID: 108955

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:16

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:16
Actually, that's where Tracy has me by the short & curlies.

She asked me the very same thing, and I answered all flippant like..."I'll put Him & Diesel in a kennel."

"Yeah, Right!" she said.

You see, I think she's onto me, 'cause she knows I don't want anyone to look after my animals except me.

I think I need to rethink the second trip..... maybe we could say hello - goodbye on the tarmac?

Wolfie
FollowupID: 365693

Follow Up By: motherhen - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 23:27

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 23:27
Apologies for forgetting Diesel - my cats get very cross when we go away. Look forward to hearing all about your forthcoming trip when you get back. I'm sort of planning next holiday between a grandchild's birthday early November, and Christmas. Toss up between Tasmania, or seeing a bit more of SA - want to see Flinders ranges and opal country. Can't go earlier because younger daughter expecting 2nd baby in September - thinks i should be thinking of staying home baby sitting her children not planning trips away! Gee i did my share, bringing up 4 of my own.

Happy travels. Motherhen
FollowupID: 365737

Reply By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:32

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 18:32
Have a great trip Wolfie.

Is this a Honda trip or is the Delicia going???

Cheers
Muddy
AnswerID: 108963

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 19:01

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 19:01
Actually, neither...

I have been temporally been elevated in status, well, for 3 weeks anyway.

The chap I'm going with, he has a new Nissan Patrol with lotsa toys!

Wolfie
FollowupID: 365703

Reply By: signman - Monday, May 02, 2005 at 16:02

Monday, May 02, 2005 at 16:02
Hi Lone Wolf
Are ya gonna drag a railway line behind you to smooth out the roads for me!! From all current reports (on VKS737) the Beadell roads are quite ruff at the moment, and a lot of flat tyres.
I'd be very interested in knowing you're travel itinerary after Woomera???
Have a good one (and leave me a six pack at the plane crash near Nealle Jnctn.

Signman
AnswerID: 109237

Reply By: signman - Thursday, May 05, 2005 at 12:48

Thursday, May 05, 2005 at 12:48
Hi ya Wolfie
Did ya get my message re the itinery for your Readell trip. I'm giong out that way mid June..and wouldbe very interested in knowing where your going..and any place we should have on our agenda.
Thanks
Signman
AnswerID: 109809

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, May 05, 2005 at 15:35

Thursday, May 05, 2005 at 15:35
Yes, I got your previous message.

I get back around the beginning of June, and then I may be taking Rhiannan up to Birdsville, ( another 5 days away...).

I will let you know of any uber cool things to check out!!

Wolfie
FollowupID: 366400

Sponsored Links