NSW people - Engineer Changes happening

Submitted: Monday, May 09, 2005 at 13:49
ThreadID: 22803 Views:1961 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Dont know if this has been posted already. but theres 2 big threads on outerlimits on this under General 4x4 Tech/Discussion.

You will require your car to be engineered for +50mm suspension lifts, Rule changes are coming in within weeks apparently. (nobody has a date though )

But if you already have a 75mm lift or more, then get it passed engineered NOW. Current mods are fine.

All mods will require individual engineering in future, instead of gettin all done for one price.... And of course, there are price rises upto $1500 Per being talked about

The rule changes will only really affect people with more than 2inch lifts, but the new rules will make life for bigger trucks hard.... Thank gawd I moved out of there.. but it will happen c ountry wide soon .

WA is having the same rules applied already....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, May 09, 2005 at 14:15

Monday, May 09, 2005 at 14:15
Heres a current update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On reading this i just rang my engineer and he confirmed it.

he went to an RTA meeting a couple of weeks ago, and the presented it to them at the meeting, he hasnt recieved the bulletin yet but thinks it will be enforced very shortly.

some of his points from it are.
body lift max of 50mm
any lift max of 150mm
spring overs will not be allowed.
any vehicle produced after 2000 no gain in height at all
plus heaps of other little points.

i have a 4" suspension lift in my Surf, i will need a engineer cert for it now.

i probably will have problems with my cruiser now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AnswerID: 110444

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Monday, May 09, 2005 at 15:47

Monday, May 09, 2005 at 15:47
"any vehicle produced after 2000 no gain in height at all"

That one is interesting, to say the least.

One minute they say anything over 50 mm. requires certification, then they say.... no, you can't lift at all.

Anyway, let's look at it from another angle.

Why, if you get an accredited installer, using accredited hardware, can you not have a blanket certificate, like on bullbars...... they are......

This should place the onus on the manufacturers on after-market gear, not the consumer.

If the consumer is going to have to shell out $1500.00, he isn't going to get a lift, but say..... if Rancho et al, get a proclaimed article status on their kits..... problem solved..... simple.

So, what will the consumer do? He / she will go for the proclaimed lift kit, and the others will go broke.

Wolfie
FollowupID: 366971

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Monday, May 09, 2005 at 14:23

Monday, May 09, 2005 at 14:23
They should make breast implants illegal. I nearly got poked in the eye the other day. Mind you I didn't have my glasses on, may have got a bit close but it was a soft landing.
AnswerID: 110446

Follow Up By: BenSpoon - Monday, May 09, 2005 at 15:01

Monday, May 09, 2005 at 15:01
Id like to see the results made public for the associated sway tests.
It really is a matter of public safety.
FollowupID: 366963

Sponsored Links