aussie swag camper

Submitted: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 18:42
ThreadID: 22859 Views:7777 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
just brought an aussie swag camper, the finish is excellent .only prob i had when i picked up was that during its ride down from qld,or when it was unloaded from the semi the forklift ripped th rubber covering off the shocker,one phone call and a new one was on the way.again the finish on these campers is tops, i spose for $27000.00 it should be.everything fits and slides like it should,any way 7 weeks we are off to the cape,9weeks on the dirt should sort the camper out.
we are towing it with a gq that has had a million bucks spent on it ,so i will do a thread when i get back on fuel cons etc.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Russell S - Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 19:42

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 19:42
welcome to the Aussie Swag club. You should have no trouble, apart from the usual little things, and if you do, Noel and the family are excellent on the service. Did you get kids room, shower room etc?
AnswerID: 110680

Reply By: RustyHelen - Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 21:20

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 21:20
We are also newbies to the Aussie Swag club, having purchased the "show special" Rover LX at the Caulfield show last week.
Did a lot of research before the decision but necver hesitated once we saw our 3 preferences in the flesh.
Like Paul we are impressed with the attention to detail, sits behind the Paj like a dream and we are looking forward to a couple of local trips before heading off north in Sept.
Rusty
AnswerID: 110709

Follow Up By: Member - Paul M (VIC) - Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 17:10

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 17:10
just a note on the aussie swag camper ,we orderd the draw that slides out under the bed ,with a matteress fitted our 3yrold sleeps very nicely in there,yes we did order the shower room but not the kids room .we have the 240 vlt system so the grandaughter can play the wiggles on the lap top.
FollowupID: 367285

Reply By: Grungle - Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 22:35

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 at 22:35
Hi Paul,

Good on you mate. We have had our Rover LX since August 2004 and have been extremely impressed with it and the service. We only live 20 minutes from Brendale (factory) so I pop in every now and then for a chat. So far this year we have been out around 10 times as it is so easy to hook up (pantry is always stocked so it just cloths and waterand away we go)

We are now starting to do some mods to it to improve camping quality (not that you need to do much) like batteries (I have 2 but will soon be 4), solar panel mounts and some possible changes to the jerrycan holders for a future generator.

I hope you have a great trip to the Cape.

Regards
David
AnswerID: 110731

Reply By: willys - Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 17:28

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 17:28
I purchased a aussie swag new in 99 and yes it was great it went everywhere over some very rough roads and never failed. My only coment is when the warranty was finished so was the service, they didn't want to know us or a number of friends with aussie swags.But! they are very good campers and we would have kept ours only for a back injury which made it impossible for me to lift the floor when folding up.
Peter
AnswerID: 110856

Reply By: Redeye - Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 19:00

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 19:00
Hi,

Had our trailer since 2001. All has been fine on most parts. I live at Caboolture (Just north of the factory). Had no significant problems.

Have traveled many miles including the Plenty Highway to “the rock”.

Recently I had put a steak through a tire and noted it as we were setting up camp. Changed the tire and set the camper up before the remainder of our group were set up.

Suggest you remove all the cigar lighter sockets and replace with the Arrid sockets. Better connection with higher current rating.

Welcome aboard.

Enjoy

Redeye
AnswerID: 110881

Sponsored Links