John Forrest National Park

Submitted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 21:14
ThreadID: 22985 Views:2532 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gday Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any tracks through John Forrest National Park and if there are any rules and regulations to this area as its classified as a "park"??

If any one can help me out and give me directions etc it will be very much appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Shaun
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim HJ61 (WA) - Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 23:51

Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 23:51
Shaun,

Not sure where you are from, but JFNP is 28km east of Perth city. Given it's a 'city' national park it's highly regulated and controlled. There are some walk trails through there, but as far as I know you would not be allowed to drive off the bitumen roads.

All the rules and regs would be the same as any other National Park - no pets etc.

Whereis map link

A google search for John Forrest National Park brings up heaps of links.

Tim
AnswerID: 111304

Reply By: Member - Wesley S (WA) - Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 01:29

Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 01:29
Look for a spot just next to Fred Jacoby Park and Mundaring Wier there are a few tracks, some nice steep hills and some rough terrain. Some tracks follow the pipeline and others are probably fire tracks. If you are going on the rougher tracks it would pay to have a travelling buddy, a high lift jack or a hell of a lift kit. Beware of the moutain bikers as they usually cant stop coming down the hills.
AnswerID: 111307

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 10:55

Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 10:55
Shaun, I would suspect that the JF Nat Park is not accessible for off-road vehicles, otherwise it would have appeared by now in Western 4wd day trips out of Perth booklet. Try Perth4x4 website they have a fairly extensive track list and many guys want to link up for a weekend drive in and around Perth.

Cheers Dunc
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 111320

Reply By: bruce.h (WA) - Monday, May 16, 2005 at 20:09

Monday, May 16, 2005 at 20:09
contact calm & they will give you the lowdown on the ins & outs of where you can go
AnswerID: 111502

Sponsored Links