Suspension

Submitted: Monday, May 16, 2005 at 21:49
ThreadID: 23042 Views:3026 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks for all your info from our last post in May.Ive recently bought a cv joint for the left and bearings for both sides and rear, myself and a mate are gunna have ago at replacing it.In the last post i mentioned suspensions and i know this is a very talked about issue and everybody has there own preference.

I have been to ARB sent emails to EFS, TJM , 4WAYSUSPENSIONS and 4WD1.BIZ ect and iam looking at $2100 to $2500 so the Question is do i spend the big bucks or settle for an IRONMAN or CROSSCOUTRY that will be $1000 cheaper. But as the saying goes you get what you paid for....all quotes include(shockies,leafsprings heavy duty,shackles and pins, ubolts, bush kit, steering dampner and 2" lift).
So which Brand can somebody help me?
Also have had mates tell me to do a spring over axle conversion.Is it worth doing or would it cost more in the long run eg..would it stuff up my handling or do damage to the leaf spring.I know that Snake Racing sell u bolts for this purpose should i purchase a set of those?By the way i Drive a HZJ75 series Landcruiser.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troopytrek - Monday, May 16, 2005 at 22:02

Monday, May 16, 2005 at 22:02
G'day kyako'
As far as a spring over job, depends just how extreme you are going to go. I used to own 89 FJ 75 Troopy I had the spring reset & fitted old man emu shocks. I gave this old girl a serious flogging on all sorts of terrain and never broke a spring and found the shocks were not that much different in price to any other brand. We now have updated to a 95 fzj 75 troopy 4.5 and are setting it up for a three month trip in july. After how the first troopy's suspension went we decided to go the same way again. Hope this is some help to you!!!!

Troopytrek!!!!!
AnswerID: 111536

Reply By: kyako - Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 17:08

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 17:08
Thanks for your help Troopytrek it was most help full.Ive came across another brand called Enforcer i dont know if you could help me but if somebody has used this brand i would like to here from them..

Thanks kyako
AnswerID: 112311

Sponsored Links