Reversing Camera Pictures

Submitted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 21:39
ThreadID: 23216 Views:2977 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Here are some pictures of the reversing camera.

!MPG:3!

Camera on roof rack

!MPG:4!

Rear storage system

!MPG:5!

Screen on over head console

!MPG:6!

Mobile phone and GPS mounted on a pillar

!MPG:8!

Over head console showing diff lock buttons screen and UHF

I just hope this works

Wayne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 21:59

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 21:59
Thanks Wayne, you still didn't tell us what model the reversing camera system is.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 112365

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 22:57

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 22:57
Sorry John,

I was so happy that the photos turned out that I forgot to say what model it is. It is the Poron CM60. www.poron.com.au and click on products.

The photos are not all that clear but I think that you can see how it is set up.

First is a shot of the camera on the roof rack. I leave the rack on all the time so the camera can stay there. It can also be mounted inside the vehicle and view through the glass.

The second shot is of the rear storage system. Fridge is on the left, food draw is on the top right and most of the recovery gear and tools is bottom right. Some of the bow shackles are mounted on the _Affordable_Storage_Drawers.aspx so that they can be used with the snatch strap, which is stored next to them on the far right of the system.

The third shot is of the over head console with the TX 3400 and the screen mounted where the rear view mirror should be.

The next shot is just of the steering wheel and the position of the mobile phone and the GPS. easy to see and reach when driving.

The last shot is of the lot on the console. Diff lock switches, screen and UHF, all easy to see and use and the storage bins that are on both sides.

The more I use the reversing camera the more I wounder how i got on with out it.

Wayne
AnswerID: 112374

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 23:05

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 23:05
Cheers Mate looks great, I had been thinking of doing the same with the reversing set up.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 368637

Reply By: Member - RockyOne - Monday, May 23, 2005 at 07:49

Monday, May 23, 2005 at 07:49
Want to have a fun drive? I have a lipstick cam mounted where centre mirror should be(fell off) and use it with a Sony laptop mini DV-Cam/DV recorder(has LCD screen like all laptops)..Was testing it on our 54acres..Was so great decided to stick a big sheet cardboard over all the windcsreen (25mm hole for lens)..Drove all around trees,over our obstacles on our 4x4 track etc just driving by great view on LCD..Fly by wire..No problem!..Warning! Only to be attempted by trained professionals:-) You city guys,don't use this system on the way to work..They would'nt be impressed..Safety first!
AnswerID: 112389

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Monday, May 23, 2005 at 08:55

Monday, May 23, 2005 at 08:55
Heres the Jaycar one that I've installed in the truck:

!MPG:11!

And when its closed in the dash:
!MPG:9!

And the camera is lower at the back. I preferred it lower so it would help when parking and I guessed that would be safer for small kids. The camera is tilted downwards using the tapered washers. Its enclosed for security - need to remove the spare to access the camera

!MPG:10!

Cheers
Phil
AnswerID: 112394

Sponsored Links