Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7l V8 suspension

Submitted: Monday, Nov 11, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2344 Views:1935 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone upgraded the shockers to Rancho RS9000 on the 4.7l V8 Grand Cherokee to improve on road behaviour?

I would like to firm up the ride a little to get rid of the soft ride bounciness.

I do about 80% on road 20% offroad.

Offroad is serious in the Vic high country and SA Flinders Ranges, also some desert driving ( Arkaroola,Innaminka, Gnartak desert etc.)

I also tow a Jayco offroad camper to base camps.

See you in the Bush!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: David - Tuesday, Nov 12, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Nov 12, 2002 at 01:00
Perhaps I should have added that on my previous Jeep Grand Cherokee I fitted OME shockers and they worked a treat, but I have been told that Rancho RS9000 shockers perform better because they are adjustable?

Also because I tow would it be better to fit Polyaire's in the rear springs or replace the springs with heavier duty ones?

I don't want to buy Rancho's and then find I am no better off.

Any advice would be appreciated.

David
AnswerID: 8448

Reply By: Truckster - Tuesday, Nov 12, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Nov 12, 2002 at 01:00
If you were happy with the OME go with them again to save disappointment... if it aint broke dont fix it!

You may like Ranchos, but some dont. Ive seen some go straight back for Konis (which I think are top of the heap) from Ranchos, and swear by them.

Polyairs are good, Ray has them on his GU ute with camper trailer on the back, and is happy with them. Its a really really strong lookin unit too.

What tires are you runnin for your serious 4wdin?
AnswerID: 8455

Follow Up By: David - Wednesday, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:00
Thanks Truckster,
The Konis sound interesting! I will look at them for sure.

My tires are Goodyear ATR All terrain's,
they are much better than the originals which lasted about 20,000 km
and got chopped to pieces up north.

Thanks again for your advice.
FollowupID: 4099

Sponsored Links