Dead fuel pump

Submitted: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 22:17
ThreadID: 23476 Views:1310 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
My 75 series Troopy 4.5l petrol has a dead fuel pump. I am told it is an in-tank pump. Does the tank have to come out to access the pump or is there an access panel? any advice will be welcome.

Fortunately, it is running on gas too so I am not immobile, however, last week the EFI main fuse blew and shut me down altogether. It appears to be quite coincidental, but has anyone experienced a similar problem?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 22:34

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 22:34
I am pretty sure there there is an access panel, you will have an assembly on top of the tank which has your hoses coming in/out, Above that would be the first place I would look
AnswerID: 113829

Reply By: Troll83 - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 09:19

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 09:19
I had the same thing in my commodore couple of years ago, the pump was on the front end of the tank towards the bottom, just a couple of bolts holding it there, undo all that and make sure you have a bucket or something under there to catch the fuel coming out so you can put it back in, mine died with a full tank of fuel, you you are pretty empty so you don't lose to much...good luck
AnswerID: 113862

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 19:05

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 19:05
Gday
Pretty easy job if it is thesame as an 80 (no reason it wont be) there will be a hatch in the floor above the main tank (under the second row of seats if its a 6 seater) hope you dont have too much in that area to remove...
Once opened up, u should be looking at a 17mm bolt, many 8mm ones and a couple of hoses b4 it is removeable through the top.....
HOWEVER, b4 u go that far, u should buy a mulitmeter and a workshop manual...because u can see if it is getting volts through the check connector...if it isnt getting volts, it could be other problems....also a friend bought a pump from repco and is livered it is noisy as anything....so make sure you get a quiet one....u can buy them over the net from ebay....$169...i have one and it is not noisy :-)
Andrew
AnswerID: 113952

Sponsored Links