ERPS

Hi does anyone have a electronic rust prevention system on their vehicle, if so how do you rate them in other words do they work.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:09

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:09
Got one on my '96 Falcon wagon and it has yet to show any signs of rust... Also had an '85 Daihatsu Rocky for a while, no ERPS and also NO rust... I believe that regular washing with fresh water would be as much value as an ERPS but thats just my opinion... I have no intentions of procuring another ERPS.
AnswerID: 115220

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 14:08

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 14:08
Hey Blue, Falcon's have their own built in rust protection, they leak oil from every seal on purpose so that the body get's fine coating preventing the rust. LOL
FollowupID: 370976

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 13:46

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 13:46
I put a Counter Act set-up (similar to ERPS) on my 2000 GU Patrol in about 2002. No rust as yet and I'd be pyssed-off if there was any rust, even if I didn't have it. So, it's a bit like the SHUROO and numerous other preventative things we do....we don't if they are working until we see signs that they are NOT working!!! By then it's too bloody late anyway and the warranty period will have elapsed well and truly.

If I had my time over again, i don't think I would have bothered with the Counter Act.
AnswerID: 115239

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 14:14

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 14:14
IMHO you'd be better off buying two cans of spray on Fisholine.

1 xcan = Spray all of your door sills and anywhere rust is likley to come up through and let it set. (That's the preventative).

The 2nd can put in the cupboard with the car wash gear. When you're working on the car or washing the car and you see some surface rust on a chasis rail or a paint chip on the bonnet, just a quick shake and spray and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Just have a bit of paper towel in the other hand if your spraying paint work so you can wipe the excess off to prevent it showing. It's good stuff, people winge about the smell but I reckon the spray on stuff doesn't smell any worse than CRC or Ballistol etc. It lingures for a couple of hours but it's gone pretty quick.

I spray my tow ball probally more than anything else as that's the thing that tends to get rust all over it, spray it then a couple of days later it just turns black and looks like it's got a fresh coat of paint on it. I even sprayed the bottom tank of the ratiator the other day when I was working on the horns, I had the bash plate off and saw some paint flaking off it, scrap the flakes off and sprayed it, it'll be good as new by now! ;-)

AnswerID: 115244

Follow Up By: David/Dave - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 16:07

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 16:07
Fishoilene's great stuff.

Fourteen years ago I stripped down my '68 Falcon, cut out the rust and coated inside the sills and doors, and anywhere else I could reach with Fishoilene. It spelt pretty ordinary for a few months, but so far no rust in any of the places I coated, and it's spent the past 8 years parked on the street.

Cheers,

Dave.

FollowupID: 371001

Sponsored Links