Does your Motorola 9505 Iridium Phone need upgrading?

Submitted: Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 21:14
ThreadID: 23765 Views:6100 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
An interesting bit of info off www.iridium.com for satphone owners.

Theres more on the website at http://www.iridium.com/9505A-phone-exchange.htm

Dave

Extract starts here.
Instructions for End Users
The following are step-by-step instructions for determining if your 9505A handset is in need of a software or hardware upgrade. (If you will be unable to return your phone for an exchange soon because you are in the field, at sea or in a remote location, please see Special Instructions for Users in the Field.

Step 1
Remove the door to your 9505A battery compartment. Remove the battery. Look for the barcode label.

Step 2
On the barcode label, if the letter series begins with “SUG” and has the following part number:

SUG0088MH - Your unit needs to be replaced. Please contact your Service Provider for instructions on how to have your phone replaced.
SUG0088MH1 – Iridium has already upgraded your phone and no further action is required.
SUG0088ML – Your unit may require a software reflash. To check whether or not your phone needs the new software, enter *#91# on the keypad. The phone display should read IS05003, which means Iridium has already reflashed your phone. If your phone does not display this software code, please contact your Service Provider for instructions on how to upgrade the software in your phone.
SUG0088MM – Iridium has already upgraded your phone and no further action is required.
SUG0088MH1R – Iridium has already upgraded your phone and no further action is required.
Step 3
If your phone needs the software or hardware upgrade or both, please contact your Iridium Service Provider.

Iridium is giving its Service Providers complete instructions on replacing and reflashing phones.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. Thank you.

Special Instructions for Users in The Field
There is a simple way to determine if Iridium has already upgraded your phone with the new software by entering *#91# on the keypad. The phone display should return ‘IS05003,’ which is the current software.

If you cannot return your phone for the needed upgrades in the near-term, please contact your Iridium Service Provider.

More on the website. http://www.iridium.com/9505A-phone-exchange.htm
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: phred - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 21:49

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 21:49
entering *#91# puts up LAC0307. next move ? phred
AnswerID: 115302

Follow Up By: davidta - Saturday, Jun 11, 2005 at 08:07

Saturday, Jun 11, 2005 at 08:07
Hi phred

You obviously have a 9505 phone & not a 9505A.
As far as I know, LAC0307 on a Motorola 9505 is the current software.

The update on a 9505A is for a battery meter problem.

Cheers

David
FollowupID: 371051

Reply By: Member - Michael B (NSW) - Saturday, Jun 11, 2005 at 09:50

Saturday, Jun 11, 2005 at 09:50
Brand new 9509A delivered Thursday, plugged it in to charge, after about 2 hours
came up "invalid battery", called the supplier and told me to send it back for a software upgrade.
Saw the posting this morning, checked the bar code no.SUG0088MH,checked the Iridium site as well, that states a replacement. Should prove interestring.
Glad I'm not travelling for 3 weeks yet.
Mike B
AnswerID: 115338

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 10:24

Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 10:24
Been showering here this morning, so lazy start to the day. First rain for a month, but still haven't had 70mm for the year, so decided to check the new Iridium phone, only had it for about a month, after Dave's post. The code brings up ISO5001, so will need to get an upgrade.

Phone works okay, for the 1 call I've made on it, after I finally worked out how to dial!!!!

One would think the dealers would add any upgrades, as required. Thanks, Dave...

Hooroo...
Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 115420

Sponsored Links