Do you use shackles....

Submitted: Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 23:00
ThreadID: 23768 Views:2452 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Found a new Shackle for the recovery kit on my last trip. It was just lying around - spose it was free to anyone who cared to pick it up. I thought about it, but my recovery kit is fairly well set up, and if anything the bag is already a little overcrowded but nothing with this sort of SWL rating.

I pondered my decision momentarily and decided to leave it for the next soul who passing by who may need it more than I do, and who may have a little more room in their kit.

Scroll down
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
[ View Image]

SWL 725 tonnes. Outside safety store in Kalgoorlie (which sold great but expensive dune flags.)

Now I've always agreed with the sentiment that "He who dies with the most impressive toys wins" and "Bigger is probably better - particularly when it comes to numbers of cylinders and cubic inches."

But in this case I'm happy to say "It's not size that counts - it's what you do with it - and I'll stick with the 4 tonners I've already got."

Dave

PS On the topic of the dune flags from what I could work out they were a length of continuous spring material sheathed in red poly pipe like the black garden stuff. I'd make my own if I knew where to get the spring stuff. I don't need a red pipe just a flag on top. Really flexible though and perfect for the likes of the Canning where the trees are a little close and friendly. Any info appreciated. DJ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rickwagupatrol - Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 23:55

Friday, Jun 10, 2005 at 23:55
hows about you just put a few strands of webbing across the shackle and then it can be a great recovery seat ......lol

rick.
AnswerID: 115316

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Saturday, Jun 11, 2005 at 09:56

Saturday, Jun 11, 2005 at 09:56
geo,
you should have picked it up, taken it home and sold it on ebay to a suzuki owner.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 115339

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 20:27

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 20:27
should have shopped around for the flag there are heaps of places in kal that sell them and there are a few of us in Kal now (I used to be the only 1) could have put you on to some good tracks
AnswerID: 115583

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 20:30

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 20:30
oh!! and rumour has it there is a remote geocache at queen Victoria springs East of Kalgoorlie. Could it have been the Phantom comic I found???????
AnswerID: 115585

Sponsored Links