For Ruth at Birdsville about the races

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 13:10
ThreadID: 23798 Views:2631 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Ruth

You might remember me as Tia's dad. She is 18 months. She has strawberry blonde hair and we stayed there in April. That should narrow it down to a few hundred.

Can you tell me about the different types of camping at races time. Can you camp behind the caravan camp and pay to have access to the ammenities. Is camping still available on the town common. Are you booked out yet for a site at the caravan park.

My parents are going and have been asking me questions.

Thanks

Allan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 19:25

Sunday, Jun 12, 2005 at 19:25
Well Hello Tia (and Allan) - how are you all? Camping behind the Caravan Park is actually in the Caravan Park and the cost to camp on the billabong edge with those wonderful water views and access to the showers is $6 per head per night. Yes you can still camp on the Common - but there are no facilities at all out there. We aren't booked out because we don't take bookings - I can tell you that by MOnday of race week (Races are Friday and Saturday 2 and 3 Sept 05) we have about 600 in here - we don't get more people now but they bring camper trailers which take up more room and the people seem to be coming earlier and earlier - there is moer to see in Birdsville than just the Races, so that's positive. For more information go to www.birdsvilleraces.com.au - Michelle and David from Explor-Oz set up the website and it's a beauty. Make sure when the oldies get here that they tell Big Kev the Gatekeeper to call me on the 2-way to tell me that Tia's Grandies are here and I'll find them a good spot (that's my job at races - parking the cars - because the boys sit at the front gate having drinks with all their new friends!!!)
Just starting to rain here again - yahoo, lovely. Should bring flowers into the Simpson in about 6 weeks. Big hug for Tia - little pet.
AnswerID: 115470

Reply By: Member - RockyOne - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 09:50

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 09:50
Hi Allan,Make sure the folks get to see the "Birdsville Working Museum"..Amazing..Magic demos..Hot air fan engine etc.Pehaps,unlike me,they should get out to see "Big Red"..No doubt,I will see it next time..The caravan park is great..I noticed a Cessna parked just near the hotel..Might see I we can do a flight over the area next time..(will feel naked with no chute..Last time I was in a Cessna was in my skydiving days,with the door off..Loved those 182s..Me and two mates had VH-SNV booked at Archerfield every Sat at 1400 for 10,000ft.Stan,our great (crazy) pilot went on to fly 747s)..Your folk will love the adventure,but do it This year.Time gets away!
AnswerID: 115522

Sponsored Links