Rodeo 2.8 hoses

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 15, 2005 at 18:01
ThreadID: 23894 Views:1849 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
This has a impressive collection of expensive and some difficult to access hoses. Replacement of all water carrying hoses was $450 for the hoses about five years ago. I had a pin hole appear in the bypass hose when it was four years old. I was hoping to get some idea as to how long the other hoses last generally by hearing other peoples stories of hose failure, Ok I am all ears.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gully - Friday, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:30

Friday, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:30
Hi Diver2;
AnswerID: 116112

Follow Up By: Gully - Friday, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:38

Friday, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:38
Diver2; I'm not sure what happened there. However, $450 sounds very expensive. Were any hoses other than the top and bottom radiator hoses involved? if the heater hoses were the culprit and there was some difficulty in accessing them I coud see the problem. A pin hole in a heater hose could be difficult to find. I have a 97 2.8 Rodeo and had the radiator hoses replaced about 18 months ago (precautionary), cost about $50 (including price of hoses and coolant) while the vehicle was in for a regular service (not at a Holden dealer). I would think that you may have been unlucky if the heater hoses are the problem.

Cheers.
FollowupID: 371674

Follow Up By: diver2 - Friday, Jun 17, 2005 at 11:35

Friday, Jun 17, 2005 at 11:35
There are numerous heater hoses, a coolant hose to the turbo and if you look between the firewall and the rear of the motor there is another four hoses buried there which I believe take water to a oil cooler. Its these hoses specifically I would like to know how long they generally last or do the majority of owners find they dont have the need to replace them. My bypass hose failured at four years, it is very thin on the bend so I replace that now every 3 years. I have made a mistake all the water hoses cost about $200 genuine. I think the radiator hoses would be the least likely of all the water carrying hoses to fail.
FollowupID: 371684

Sponsored Links