1st Big Trip

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 15, 2005 at 19:22
ThreadID: 23898 Views:1615 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
About a year ago posted on the forum my plans for travelling as a single widower
and seeing a bit of Oz, had some great suggestions from keep it simple [that did'nt
happen] to enjoy the fit out, that did. At long last the 80 Series is finished, the
Trakmaster is in the driveway, out of the Central coast early July for four months.
The fit out has been an education to put it mildly, with lots of info from the forum, and lots of money from me! Not hard to spend $20 grand at all.
Heading to the Alice via Broken Hill, up the Tanami Desert to the Bungle Bungles, Pentecost River, Mitchell Falls, and over to Broome, Cape Leveque, and back to Katherine with Great Divide people {Wayne's mob] should be fun.
Back to Broken Hill and a couple of weeks exploring the Flinders [With Wayne,if he hasn't got lost on the CSR] finishing in White Cliffs some time in Sept.
To all those people who contribute some very good ideas to the forum, a big thank you. Next year 6 months!!
Mike B
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Glenn D (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 15, 2005 at 19:37

Wednesday, Jun 15, 2005 at 19:37
Good one Mike ,

Went similar places last year, the only thing I didnt take that I wished I did was a boat.

Was torture to sit in camp at Cape Leveque when the neighbours brought home huge tuna.

If you dont like fishing you wont miss it and are going to have a great time anyway.

Glenn.
AnswerID: 115915

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Wednesday, Jun 15, 2005 at 19:41

Wednesday, Jun 15, 2005 at 19:41
Have a fantastic time Mike, it looks like you are ready to do just that and I hope you can get into an internet cafe along the way and post your progress. Above all have fun......
AnswerID: 115917

Sponsored Links