Wolfies a wanker. Wolfies a wanker

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 11:55
ThreadID: 23959 Views:3020 Replies:5 FollowUps:25
This Thread has been Archived
I just got a member message from Wolfie that makes me feel better...

quote... "> Original Msg:
> Well, hows this....
>
> Just come back from 3 weeks, and uploaded from my iPod - 250 GB backup drive..... over 1000 RAW images.
>
> Mark says to me 2 nights ago..."Drives Fncked!"
>
> We are attempting to have a hard drive Disaster recovery, like we've sent it away.
>
> I didn't back the fnckers up on my laptop. I'm a fncking wanker.
>
> Please don't tell anyone.... please.... they'll tease me....
>
> Cheers
>
> Ian ...unquote.

Sorry Wolfie, I could not resist. lolollolo

hahahahaha

hahahahah
hahahaha

iMusty.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 13:10

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 13:10
"Maaaa, I lost all me photos, I'll just have to go back and take all them photos again, blast"

Sounds very devious to me.
AnswerID: 116242

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 13:19

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 13:19
Tried that.......

Tracy said that a couple of hundred bucks in recovery, would be cheaper that the $4000.00 I spent on the trip.

I said to her..."What about those photos we took a couple of years ago, you know, when we stayed at the ......"

Didn't faze her.

"Just get the drive fixed darling"

Maybe we can go back to the ....!!!!

Thanks James, you bugger.... I'll get you yet!!

Cheers

Wolfie
FollowupID: 371799

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 16:23

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 16:23
No problems Wolf Man

You're sectrets safe with me ... and the rest of EO.

iMusty.

FollowupID: 371809

Follow Up By: Nudenut - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 17:51

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 17:51
but a lot of that 4grand was a lens she doesnt know you have?
FollowupID: 371814

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:00

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:00
If I include the lens, I was up for $6800.00
FollowupID: 371819

Reply By: Des Lexic - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 17:37

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 17:37
Wolfie,
I can help you out.
We are heading up that way in another 6 weeks. Just send me your camera and full details of where and how you took your photo's and I'll re-take them for you. I don't think your a wanker, just wish I had your abbility to take those great shots.
AnswerID: 116255

Follow Up By: Nudenut - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 17:51

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 17:51
dont let him forget to give you his new lens
FollowupID: 371815

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 17:58

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 17:58
I am just glad, that I went through them all, and picked out the most important 69 pictures, and put them aside.

These were all photos of the crew, including a lot of Connie Sue. Most of these were candids, and were quite good.

I am not going to stress out...... worse things can happen.

The new lens is a piece of work. It is worth more to me than my camera & other lenses all combined.

Funniest thing...... when travelling to the Painted Desert, we came upon a poor couple who had completely lost their axle on their caravan.

After offering what little assistance we could, I then asked if they didn't mind me taking a couple of piccies....

Christ, you should of heard her when I came back with my camera...... and lens!
"What bloody newspaper do you work for?"
"Don't worry love" I replied "Just speak into this flower!!"

It certainly got it's share of attention. Almost a riot at an aboriginal community.. that was a little unnerving.

bleep happens

Wolfie
FollowupID: 371818

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:38

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:38
>"I am not going to stress out...... worse things can happen"

Amen to that.

I appreciate your ability to roll with the punches i.e. the post.

I meant fun as you know. I sat last night just looking at the laptop thinking to myself ... "really, what have I lost?" some electronic stuff and that's that.

My important stuff is in the next room dressing to go out for dinner.

I am so fortunate to be able to see that right now and not after many weeks of whinging and feeling sorry for myself.

take care everyone.

iMusty
FollowupID: 371822

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:49

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:49
"My important stuff is in the next room dressing to go out for dinner. "

Have a good evening.

Cheers for the fun post!!

Wolfie
FollowupID: 371824

Reply By: Tim HJ61 (WA) - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:20

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:20
Us Mac users are a bit sensitive when it comes to computer problems.
First because we just love not having many and making it very well known to the rest of you, and two because we hate the comebacks when bad things happen!

Must be the wrong timing for Mac users - my mate rang me in a panic late last night. His iBook went to sleep on him whilst he was showing a bunch of photos to some PC users. It'd gone
to sleep and he couldn't wake it up. He was calling me from his bedroom as he couldn't bear his partner knowing there was a problem and his only option was to take out the battery to restart it, which he was going to do from the privacy of his cupboard such was his humiliation in front of a celeron 133 owner.....

I'll give you his number Wolfie and you can console each other. :-)

I'm leaving in a week with an iPod to load my digipics onto and hoping like hell I won't be in the same situation as you in 6 weeks!!

Tim
AnswerID: 116261

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:30

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:30
I thank you, for your kind words.

The iPod, and iBook, have performed flawlessly. It's the third party 250 GB drive that has let me down, along with my cavalier attitude to backing up.

Now, your friend with the iBook, is he okay? There are some places he can go for counselling. I hear that if you are a crappy vehicle driver, you can be made to sit and watch a gruesome film, depicting carnage caused by motor vehicle accidents.

I guess us Mac users should be desensitised, and should be made to sit down and look at some movies showing how the rest of the world cope, with IBM's and the like.

May the force be with you...... and for those that don't know...... the force goes by the name........ X.

Only a member of the Mac brethren would understand.

Cheers

Wolfie
FollowupID: 371821

Follow Up By: Tim HJ61 (WA) - Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:40

Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 18:40
I AM his counsellor!!!!

I do the Employee Counselling for the organisation he is a manager in. One moment we are talking about his relationship woes, then his problem children in the workplace, then the magnificant X.

Last time he called me at home was because of the tragic death of a work mate, this time he wasn't far off his own judging by the sound of his voice. :-)

I just laughed, which probably didn't help his humiliation; but heck I can't be considerate ALL the time. :-)

Let X be with you.

Tim
FollowupID: 371823

Reply By: Willem - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 12:38

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 12:38
James

Whereas this post has not been deleted yet by the site owners I must disagree with your heading however funny it may seem to you and others.

Think before you type
AnswerID: 116364

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 15:33

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 15:33
Take a chill pill Willem

I got the heading from Wolfies own words.

"didn't back the fnckers up on my laptop. I'm a fncking wanker"

I dont need to think before I type.

It seems that whenever "I" type something off topic someone gets there knickers in a knot and today it was you. ( "phooey for you mate"... And I mean that in a nice friendly way Willem )

I DONT CARE IF IT IS DELETED.

ALL the people who it was posted FOR have indicated it was fun and WE had fun and that's that.

Have a lovely day.

iMusty

FollowupID: 371885

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 15:52

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 15:52
>> "I dont need to think before I type." Nah that was the wrong thing to say.

Of course I need to think before I type BUT this time I think I did not think I typed anything regretfull I think, except that line that I dont need to think before I type. That makes sense I think?

iMusty
FollowupID: 371888

Follow Up By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 17:47

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 17:47
I have to agree

Imusty, have a think before you type, some people may not agree with your humour and by the looks of it, wolfie was just sympathizing with you.
FollowupID: 371895

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 19:11

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 19:11
What are you Crazie?? the thought police and the protector of all people?

IF SOMEONE HERE DOES NOT LIKE SOMETHING, I BELIEVE THEY CAN (all by themselves) JUST TELL ME. INSTEAD OF YOU Adam POKING YOUR NOSE INTO IT AS THEIR "GARDIAN".

it might pay you to mind your own bloody business...

I am a normal person having fun at my own pace and if it does not suit you then don't read MY posts man.

If the heading or tittle of the post if offensive then build a bridge and get over it.
Go into the room of mirrors and have a good hard look at your self.

I don't moan EVERYSINGLETIME I find somthing not to my liking or taste.

It happens that MANY people get a kick out of my sense of humor and if you dont then bad luck for you. I'm not changing a thing for some stiffs. FULLSTOP.

Unless of course you want to book me for a stand up gig. Then in that case you can write the script yourself.

LOLOLOL

As I said build a bridge and get over yourself. You and Willem and anyone else that wants to 'have a go' on the net too...

Boo hoo

Oh thank God we have Adam so Ian won't feel bad. lolololol.

FollowupID: 371917

Follow Up By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 20:21

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 20:21
James

Just as you have placed your thoughts on this open forum, so have I. No james i am not crazie, but may think you have a loose screw some where. I am not sure what lead to this rediculas reply, you must have some inresolved anger built up.
No i do not believe i am the guardian, but if i disagree with what you are saying, I have no issue letting you know, if thats alright with you , James.
I am not sure that you are all normal and since this is an open, public forum, and i pay, i will read and reply to what ever i dam feel like, if that is ok with you , man.
Just it takes alot to offend me, i just do not think that you think before you type, you are fairly new here and are welcome to have your say, but don be suprised if people have their say back. James if any needs a room for themselves, it is you, but maybe a padded one.
FollowupID: 371925

Follow Up By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 20:24

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 20:24
James

I forgot to add, get over yourself and stop being such a knob
FollowupID: 371926

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 20:25

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 20:25
You prick iMusty, fancy repeating Wolfie's words about himself on the forum. Hang on...I'm still living in Oz aren't I.

Anyway you wanker, have to set a date for a mid winter BBQ soon.
FollowupID: 371927

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 20:38

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 20:38
The mid winter BBQ sounds like a good idea to me Mad Dog.

Stay cool people, if you don't like a poster don't read them - iMusty pays his membership fee here and, I guess????, that gives him the right to speak as he chooses. The concept of the word "wanker" being offensive is, nowadays, a rather antiquated one.

Mike Harding
FollowupID: 371928

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 20:53

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 20:53
Yeah Mike, Mr&Mrs iMusty had a feed here a few weeks ago, we can do the same again or head somewhere else. Have you introduce you to some digital modes sometime, PSK on 20m, Europe, Americas, Africa with barely a flicker on the s meter.
FollowupID: 371932

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 21:20

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 21:20
Interesting though...............comments listed above in reply have done the course of Exploroz over the years. I did not see Wolfies post but will take him to task as well and include those in this thread.

If we all continue to use probable bad language however antiquated it might be then we may end up losing respect for this forum and each other and sully the experience.

We don't want that, do we?

Lets not degenerate into commonness
FollowupID: 371938

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 10:09

Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 10:09
>"If we all continue to use probable bad language however antiquated it might be then we may end up losing respect for this forum and each other and sully the experience." I agree
>"We don't want that, do we?" I agree
> "Lets not degenerate into commonness" I agree

Really Willem I agree with what you say. I cop a lot of flack on this site and while you were away I copped flack on another site about what I say on this site so MAYBE that was why I DID give you bleep about my posting the word WANKER.

I apologize.

BUT please understand I believe that I could of said MUCH MUCH worse things and I did not. You are on a public forum that is only getting bigger. It is not in your control, it is a monster. It is not a puppy anymore. As much as you obvisouly want to add you experience and values to it to make it the way you want it, the bigger it is the lesser your (and mine) opinion is influencial.

Member Message me and you will get a more open ear and I would value the direct approach. Wolfies is the only MM that I have posted and it will stay that way. You have my word.

I am a decent bloke. A nice guy really. I know that, and so do some others.

I have nothing more to say publicly on the matter.

Semper Fi.

FollowupID: 371993

Reply By: Wombat - Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 12:35

Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 12:35
Good to see the Thought Police are back on the job. It must be so hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way. Good post James, sorry to hear of your bad luck Ian. A mid year get together sounds good to me guys - How about the East Trentham pub?
AnswerID: 116516

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 12:39

Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 12:39
East Trentham. Is that where the waterfall is?

We could do a field trip there in the morning, and then on to the pub for lunch.

What say you?
FollowupID: 372010

Follow Up By: Wombat - Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 13:09

Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 13:09
Sounds like it could be a plan, but NOT next weekend (you know why).
FollowupID: 372016

Follow Up By: Neville M (VIC - Melb) - Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 14:31

Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 14:31
Hey if the dates right i'm in, sounds good and is out my way, well keilor anyway. This weekends out though, free grog at a wedding in Ballarat, Kryle castle of all places, even get to stay there.
FollowupID: 372044

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 15:29

Monday, Jun 20, 2005 at 15:29
That's it then. It's a plan.

We just have to get a day we can make it.
FollowupID: 372063

Sponsored Links