dtronic for patrol3.0d

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 21:42
ThreadID: 24092 Views:2281 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi all
i was wondering about the dtronic chip formy 04 3.0l d
i dont know anything about them or how much cost?
thanks craigg
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Martyn (WA) - Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 00:49

Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 00:49
Craigg,
I've got one on my 3.0 TD, it's good in my opinion, there is a change in performance, nothing I would go geeee whizzer about. I find the low down power a bit more stable, as well as good as you could get for a four cylinder, this is where I really miss the old 4.2. The overtaking performance is better with the trailer on, economy dropped off a tad which is what I expected because performance always comes at a cost. I disconnected it once to see if I could notice the difference going backwards, yes I did more so than going the other way. Cost me about a grand I think, I bought the dtronic about eighteen months ago.
Justifying the cost for these types things is always difficult, I noticed the difference, and I feel safer overtaking, the vehicle is more responsive, for that I don't regret buying it. The web site is worth a visit, gives you more info. My opinions as usual, your choice, your cash.
Keep the shiny side up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 116990

Reply By: Chaz - Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 01:37

Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 01:37
craigg,
In my opinion, the Safari Dtronic is probably the most useful accessory you could put on your new vehicle for two reasons. Firstly it is something you will use every time you drive the car and secondly because it will improve your cars performance more than any other single modification. If your car is manual, you will also benefit from longer clutch life, due to the torque improvement. Your power will go from 118 to 133Kw and torque from 380 to 420Nm and that is a noticeable difference.
They retail for $1495, but you can pick them up for less. I paid $1308 for mine.
You can learn more HERE

Chaz
http://members.bettanet.net.au/~conody/index.htm
AnswerID: 116993

Reply By: jorgejhandal - Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 15:07

Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 15:07
If you can aford it put it , I have one on mine and wouldnt go back, it gives a better feel to the patrol.
AnswerID: 117263

Sponsored Links