coronation beach WA

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 22:26
ThreadID: 24130 Views:2907 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, we stayed at coronation beach 3 years ago and are revisiting in the next 2 weeks.

I have heard that since our last visit showers have been installed - is this correct and if so can we boil the water and use it for drinking or do we still have to carry in our own water supply.

Clive
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Karl - Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 15:46

Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 15:46
Where is Corination Beach?
AnswerID: 117272

Follow Up By: Member - Clive- Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 23:02

Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 23:02
Karl,
Coronation Beach is located about 28km's north of Geraldton, Western Australia it is very well known for it's fishing and windsurfing, and can be found on most maps of the State. It is managed very well by the local council who have installed hard packed tracks and sites for camping and caravans, and installed drop toilets. At $5 per night it is a very popular spot to stay.

As to your comment on my opinion and to make sure mine is correct. I would suggest that you look at my message again as I asked for current information on the site, and I have been there before unlike yourself who asked where it is.

Clive
FollowupID: 372792

Follow Up By: Member - Karl - Saturday, Jun 25, 2005 at 13:19

Saturday, Jun 25, 2005 at 13:19
Clive, thanks for your response. Yes you are correct - I haven't been there as yet, but will one day.

As to my message in regards to peoples opinion - it is a part of my Rig Picture and address - like a lot of the other people here who have various comments and quotes attached to them!!!

I am sorry if it has in some way offended you; however, you are the first to make comment in all of the years it has been there and it will always appear there when I post a comment or reply etc and I will not be changing it in the near future!!
FollowupID: 372827

Reply By: TonyH - Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 16:17

Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 16:17
Coronation beach...corro's...is just nth of Geraldton. Oakagee river mouth.

Haven't been for a while myself but the road in is better. I would still take drinking water.

Cheers

Tony Harding
AnswerID: 117273

Reply By: Member - Ray - Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 22:46

Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 22:46
Clive,
There is shower rooms built but it is a case of use your own shower and water in them. They are part of the new toilet blocks.(long drop but excepionally clean.)Also some new rotunda type shelters for barbys etc have been built. the area is now divided into seperate camping spots of various sizes. The fees are payable in an honesty box but the ranger is usually around each day.I can't remember how much we paid but it was not very much.
AnswerID: 117347

Reply By: Member - Clive- Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 23:17

Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 23:17
Thanks Ray,

Just what I needed to know. We will carry our own water in from Geraldton, same as last time. Know the ranger from last time and $5 per night for a maximum stay of 30 nights

Clive
AnswerID: 117349

Sponsored Links