Terrano II cargo barrier

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 19:53
ThreadID: 24302 Views:1887 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
We are currently looking at installing a cargo barrier in our 1998 Nissan Terrano II.

After reading some of the other threads on this website about the potential dangers of some cargo barriers; like not being able to get into the rear of the wagon. We have some reservations about the type of barrier to get. However we still feel it is important to have a barrier .

We would like to look a few different models. So far Milford are the only manufactures that I can find who cater for a Terrano II.

Can anyone suggest who else to try?

Thanks, Wendy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: hoyks - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 20:10

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 20:10
I don't see it as a 'danger'. The chances that the back of the wagon tailgate lock will fail and stop you accessing the back of the wagon are low, and there is always the rock option (put one through a window) if things are really desperate.
Certainly less than getting hit in the back by something solid in an accident.

The Milford barrier has 2 x 12mm nyloc nuts that can be accessed through the barrier and the barrier can be pivoted forward if you are desperate. Just carry a pair of spanners in the tool roll under the back seat.

I have one in my wagon and think it is great from a safety point of view.

It’s rather dangerous having 40 kg of dog that wants to curl up on your lap or look out your window whilst driving.
AnswerID: 118117

Follow Up By: Terrano Tripper (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 20:27

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 20:27
I agree 'danger' is a bad word, and our main concern is that whats in the back stays in the back (maybe I should put it behind the front seats - nar, still will not block out the noise from the back seat.)

I guess what we are looking at are different styles that can provide access to the rear (even not in an emergency), without compromising safety.

We are also looking at the possibility of building some form of rear storage that can be opened from the rear seat if necessary to access recovery gear in the event you cannot get through the back door. Again this can be done with the Milford, but just looking at possibilities.

Glad to hear you are happy with the Milford though, as it may be the way to go.

Thanks, Wendy
FollowupID: 373311

Follow Up By: hoyks - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 20:35

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 20:35
You could possibly look at getting the barrier and fitting a lexan cat flap type of panel like a lot of the vans have. Might need to do some playing around with a welder to reinforce the hole though.

I would (do) just carry a pair of spanners. If worst came to worst, you can always fold the back seats and the barrier foward and unload everything through the back doors. It would be a bit of a pain in the dot though.
FollowupID: 373314

Sponsored Links