coleman classic 4

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 30, 2005 at 18:44
ThreadID: 24329 Views:3745 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hi all,

just wondering if anyone has the above tent? could you please advise of what you think of the classic 4, are u happy with it? and how much did it $$$.

thanks and all the best,

stamps
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jun 30, 2005 at 18:54

Thursday, Jun 30, 2005 at 18:54
I don't have the Coleman Classic, but an old bunky green and organge canvas tent I picked up for $100 second hand. It is however a similar deisgn to the Coleman Classic in that it has two external side poles to hold it up.

I've gotta say that at first glance it looked hard to setup but when you get to it I reckon you'd be givin' those single pole guys a run for their money in setup times, it's so bloody easy! And Quick! And you get the advantage of being able to put your queen size air matress down without the pole getting in the road!

I've seen them around in a few places, all seem to be selling for around th $599 mark...

I reckon I will deffinatally go the Coleman classic if/when this one ever packs it in!
AnswerID: 118288

Reply By: Member - Ross P (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 30, 2005 at 20:13

Thursday, Jun 30, 2005 at 20:13
We have a Coleman Classic. Don't know about the "4".
We are very happy with it. No centre pole. Near vertical walls. Lots of space. Windows can be open and closed from the inside. Rear window has a gusset which allows the window to be open yet gives privacy and weather protection.
Only prtoblem is (learnt by breaking the roof pole) that you should have all the windows and doors open BEFORE you try to erect the tent. Otherwise the vacuum causes puts excessive weight on the roof pole.
From memory it cost about $550 on special at 4WD show.
AnswerID: 118303

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 11:30

Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 11:30
"Only prtoblem is (learnt by breaking the roof pole) that you should have all the windows and doors open BEFORE you try to erect the tent. Otherwise the vacuum causes puts excessive weight on the roof pole. "
LOL, Yeah the first time I went to put my cheapo second handy up I had the same problem... "WTF IS GOING ON??" I was getting angro hey, till I realised what I was doing wrong. The sunction is insain hey...
FollowupID: 373568

Reply By: rou - Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 16:57

Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 16:57
recently purchased a classic coleman 4 at the brisbane camping and caravan show.
cost me $449. Downunder camping at Salisbury in Brisbane did the deal.
I compared them to the Oz tent and blackwolf. I not saying that they are in the same league in terms of speed of erecting and what seems to be unlimited accessories but at less than half the price it won me over.
it is easliy put up by one person, water proof without the fly( but comes with ome std and is easy to put on).most importantly to me is i can stand upright anywhere in the tent.it also packs down small enough it will fit inside your wagon.
AnswerID: 118433

Sponsored Links