Todays Protest thingo

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 23, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2445 Views:1107 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
So who went what happened and how many turned up??

Also how much is it going to cost us?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Raymond Charlton - Sunday, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:00
Hi Truckster
About 350 people turned up for the Rally in Mansfield. Over 100 4WD travelled from Melbourne with others from South Gippsland Albury Shepparton Benalla. Sadly most of the members that came were from the smaller clubs, with many of the biggers clubs noticable by their absence or with only a token turnout. They will no doubt winge the loudest if tracks are closed.
The result was that the Mount Stirling tracks have been funded for the maintenance they need and will be open before Christmas.
Both the Nationals and Libs sent representatives, Labour sent a letter.
The Nats and Libs will involve the 4WD movement in future State and National Park Decisions.
They are interested in a levy on all 4WD but it would be controlled by the 4WD movement for upgrade of tracks and education.
Ray Wanderin 4 Wheelers
AnswerID: 8891

Follow Up By: Truckster - Sunday, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:00
Hi Truckster
About 350 people turned up for the Rally in Mansfield.

Thats p*ss poor

Over 100 4WD travelled from Melbourne with others from South Gippsland Albury Shepparton Benalla.

that would have looked good, but would have been better if there was 10% of 4wds from the state...

Sadly most of the members that came were from the smaller clubs, with many of the biggers clubs noticable by their absence or with only a token turnout. They will no doubt winge the loudest if tracks are closed.

Again Poor... and as you say, when the whinging starts....

The result was that the Mount Stirling tracks have been funded for the maintenance they need and will be open before Christmas.

where did that money Appear from?

Both the Nationals and Libs sent representatives, Labour sent a letter.
The Nats and Libs will involve the 4WD movement in future State and National Park Decisions.

yes I will believe it when I see it.

They are interested in a levy on all 4WD but it would be controlled by the 4WD movement for upgrade of tracks and education.

ROTFLMAO!!! I BET THEY ARE INTERESTED IN A LEVY!!!! BET THEY ALL HAD WOODYS! Oh yes, MORE money!!!! lets make it $1000...... why not.

Thanks for the report anyway Ray.. would love to have headed up. Flammin leg.
FollowupID: 4402

Reply By: Liz - Friday, Nov 29, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Nov 29, 2002 at 01:00
hello I was one of the attendees. Unfortunately as you have seen numbers were not great but I believe due to short notice that was largely the reason. I also feel that seeing Xmas is approaching a lot had prior committments which could not be changed. I know that certainly was the case in the club I am a member of. We never got back home till after 8pm. I believe there was nothing on the news, which is a shame. I stand corrected if there was. Did not see any media.
AnswerID: 9102

Sponsored Links