2005 Nissan Pathfinder specs

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 05, 2005 at 20:03
ThreadID: 24464 Views:2099 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi folks,
The 2005 Pathfinder specs appeared on the Nissan Aust web site today. According to the specs the allowed downward towing ball weight is less for the diesel motor than it is for the petrol. They both are rated to tow 3000kg but the GVM of the diesel has to be reduced if the downward ball weight is more that 50kg while the allowed downward ball weight for the petrol motor is 170kg. I can't see what the type of motor has to do with the towing downward ball weight. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Jul 05, 2005 at 22:20

Tuesday, Jul 05, 2005 at 22:20
These tow ratings are SO rediculous... I was towing about 2 tonne on saturday with the surf (rated to 1500kg!!!) and it was doing 80km/hs (maybe a tad more unofficially) without any problems at all, the vehicle was dead straight on the road, the trailer was rock solid behind us, we had plenty of power and brakes. Who know's how they come up with this crap, but because I very seldom tow I just ignore them, if I feel it's safe then it's go time. Be different if I was planning a trip round Oz with a van though...
AnswerID: 119013

Sponsored Links