fuel catalyst

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2448 Views:2073 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone used the fitch or doring fuel catalyst. I hear they are supposed improve fuel economy and power. Can anyone confirm these claims
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OziExplorer - Sunday, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:00
YEAH, Yeah, yeah, the operative words are "supposed to".
If they were any good or even worked 2% vehicle manufacturers would be fitting them as standard to new vehicles. If these things worked, everybody would be fitting them. They are overpriced and a rip-off like all these devices. Always interesting to see the people that are flogging these things. They are never a large company you could get your money back from or take to court.
AnswerID: 8892

Follow Up By: Darrin - Sunday, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:00

All very true but have you used these products?
FollowupID: 4406

Reply By: OziExplorer - Sunday, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:00

I am not dumb or stupid enough to be sucked in by fraudulent advertising or claims. You probably find people that buy these type of devices are also dumb enough to put money in poker machines.
AnswerID: 8904

Reply By: Janset - Monday, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:00
Hi all.

Has anyone heard anything about the Helcon, I think that is what it is called. It is a S/S fitting that is fited into the air intake manifold. The claims are that it will increase power, use less fuel, make your vehicle be able to jump tall buildings in a single bound.

A friend of mine had one fitted and he claimed that it did improve the performance, but then, if you spend umpteen dollaros on a gismoe and it does not do what it was supposed to do, how truthful would his answer be?

Incidentally, he now has a turbo fitted..........funny about that.

Regards
AnswerID: 8940

Follow Up By: Derek - Monday, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:00
Janset. I think the thing you are talking about is the 'Hiclone'. I did some research into the device a few years back and found the following. They are supposedly fitted from new to all Hyundai engines. The best way to describe them is if you could imagine a set of angled stainless steel blades, joined at the centre, and fitted inside a stainless steel ring. You install the device into the rubber air hose between the air filter and the inlet manifold. As air is drawn into the engine and passes over the blades, a vortex is created which speeds up the air flow. It then enters the combustion chamber at a greater speed which supposedly increases the atomisation of the fuel and therefore gives a better burn and better fuel efficiency. I can't see how this turbulence can reach the combustion chambers after it has passed around so many bends and valve bosses. It all sounds very plausable, but as said by Oziexplorer, if it was any good why havn't the car makers adopted it. I've been told that where the ring is located in the pipe is also critical and experimentation should be done. I met a guy who had one and he swore by it. The problem is, the people who fit these things give their opinions using the senses of the human body. The guy I believe is the one who can produce honest figures from a chassis dynomometer-dynos don't lie! Hope this helps.
FollowupID: 4451

Reply By: Janset - Tuesday, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:00
Hi Derek. Yep that is the one I was talking about and I agree with you.
Regards
AnswerID: 9005

Sponsored Links